mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 13 2018 - 03:18 PM

Hello everybody

I noted that there are several enthusiasts of the 1967x mod world-wide, but we're geographically distant each other, which reduces the grid sizes.

I was thinking that maybe we, interested in racing this mod, could do some "ad hoc" league to do it with full grids in some consensed day/hour allowing people to race together.

I thought in a loose schedule of about one race a month or every 45 days during 2019. I would like to race them in pro mode and 60fps, but everything may be adjusted according to the preferences of the drivers.  The hosting and GPL-Weekly reports will not be problems (I could manage both things unless other guy were willing to do it).

At first, I would like to know who would join the league, in order to think about all details after that. I think it wouldn't make sense if we were 10 or less drivers for race.

Well, comment in the thread if you think you (or some other driver without SRMZ account you know) would join it.

Cheers and hoping see you on tracks ;)

Marcos

#2 GrandPrixYannick

GrandPrixYannick

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 899 posts
  • Interests:Check out my channel for some nice GPL content :)

Posted Dec 14 2018 - 05:43 AM

If we'll have races with drivers all over the globe it can result in a lot of ping issues.
With drivers from Argentina or Australia I think they could go well in the 300ms for me if not more.

Loose from that I love the idea, though.

Edited by GrandPrixYannick , Dec 14 2018 - 05:43 AM.

#3 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted Dec 14 2018 - 07:13 AM

Hello Yannick, great that you liked the idea.

Maybe the World is too wide for GPL pings... you're right in that. But several of us South-Americans race in North-American or European servers without problems of ping. I think with pings up to 230 or 250 we could race reasonably good. And in this point I guess the improved collision box of the 67x will be better than the original papy cars.
But maybe (don't know until these details), the high ping do prevent us to race at 60fps. However, I'm still not sure of that.

I still think that if there are drivers liking this idea, we could do something like a "survey" among possible servers and look for it with convenient ping for most of us. Mybroga's one is available, but I would understand if you deem it has too high ping for you.  Maybe some server in Eastern USA (or Mexico) would be geographically the best. Enrique Farina was preparing a server from Mexico City... Maybe it could be an option.

Several drivers from Mybroga already said they're interested, but I think it only would work if taken as an "international" and "interleagues" effort.

Cheers and thanks for the feedback

EDIT: Is there in iGOR a way to restrict the maximum ping to enter a server?

Marcos.

Edited by mcmirande, Dec 14 2018 - 07:32 AM.

#4 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Dec 14 2018 - 08:57 AM

Is there in iGOR a way to restrict the maximum ping to enter a server?

Yes, you can - Host -> network -> enforce maximum latency

Edited by Cookie, Dec 14 2018 - 08:58 AM.

#5 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted Dec 14 2018 - 09:32 AM

View PostCookie, on Dec 14 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

Is there in iGOR a way to restrict the maximum ping to enter a server?

Yes, you can - Host -> network -> enforce maximum latency

Great, Axel

Do you think the 60fps could influence (improve or worsen) the ping issues?  Also, how is the ping from North-American servers (to say one... that of oAo) from Western Europe? Are them "raceable"?

Marcos

#6 Mark Jones

Mark Jones

puts the flug in flugplatz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:GPL! GPL!! GT Mod!!!

Posted Dec 14 2018 - 08:47 PM

From NZ to Europe or America you can get pings in the high 200's, but it's still drivable.

#7 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted Dec 14 2018 - 09:07 PM

View PostMark Jones, on Dec 14 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

From NZ to Europe or America you can get pings in the high 200's, but it's still drivable.

Great, Mark.  :)

Edited by mcmirande, Dec 14 2018 - 09:08 PM.

#8 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted Dec 15 2018 - 07:42 AM

I stopped racing with GPLBrasil because of too bad ping from central Europe...
Look at your server, undriveable for me!

PS

60fps is no difference for ping

Attached Files

• Attached File  igor.jpg   141.88K   34 downloads

Edited by Cookie, Dec 15 2018 - 07:43 AM.

#9 Warren Hall Jr.

Warren Hall Jr.

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff

Posted Dec 15 2018 - 06:10 PM

Hi Cookie. How is your ping to the Hauls servers? Marcos has asked me to try to host the 1967x mod on one of my servers. look for a server test in a few days.
Warren

#10 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted Dec 15 2018 - 06:46 PM

Hi Warren,
as you see in the pic of my last post, it is fine for racing from central Europe.

#11 Warren Hall Jr.

Warren Hall Jr.

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff

Posted Dec 15 2018 - 07:25 PM

Hi Cookie. Sorry, I didn't know what that picture was. It's very interesting to see what the actual ping is from the other side of the pond. I'll probably use Hauls2 for this server because it uses the standard connect port of 32766. It makes it easier to do a direct connect.
Warren

Edited by Warren Hall Jr., Dec 16 2018 - 09:04 PM.

#12 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted Dec 15 2018 - 07:53 PM

View PostWarren Hall Jr., on Dec 15 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

Hi Cookie. Sorry, I didn't know what that picture was. It's very interesting to see what the actual ping is from the other side of the pond. I'll probably use Hauls2 for this server because it uses the standard connect port of 32766. it makes it easier to do a direct connect.
Warren

Great Warren!! Thanks a lot :)

#13 JMF

JMF

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:GPL, gardening, woodworking, classic rock, modern blues, jazz-rock fusion, and sex.

Posted Dec 16 2018 - 08:32 PM

I've used many servers. I often check the latency while in the game with Alt+L button. It's usually a higher value than the ping I'll see in iGOR.

While on the server itself from the southeast US, I usually see about 200ms to Axel's server. The lowest latency I've seen to Europe is 170-180ms. I usually see about 220ms to GPLBrasil's server. I'm more careful and try to leave a little more distance whenever the latency is greater than 200ms. If it's over 250ms, I don't consider it to be racing. I need to leave at least a few cars lengths distance, and I'm going to see some warping.

It gets really bad when you have a scenario such as two Europeans racing on a US server. The latencies add up thus increasing the warping. The only time I've had any real trouble racing on European servers is some occasionally warping when racing with another North American.

#14 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted Dec 16 2018 - 10:10 PM

View PostJMF, on Dec 16 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

I've used many servers. I often check the latency while in the game with Alt+L button. It's usually a higher value than the ping I'll see in iGOR.

While on the server itself from the southeast US, I usually see about 200ms to Axel's server. The lowest latency I've seen to Europe is 170-180ms. I usually see about 220ms to GPLBrasil's server. I'm more careful and try to leave a little more distance whenever the latency is greater than 200ms. If it's over 250ms, I don't consider it to be racing. I need to leave at least a few cars lengths distance, and I'm going to see some warping.

It gets really bad when you have a scenario such as two Europeans racing on a US server. The latencies add up thus increasing the warping. The only time I've had any real trouble racing on European servers is some occasionally warping when racing with another North American.

Hello JMF (Greg?). Well... I think Hauls (Warren's) server is at a strategical point and it could host races for North-Americans, South-Americans and Europeans, always driving with the ping "in mind", as usual in most GPL leagues, actually.  From Argentina I have between 195 and 205 in Hauls server and it should be less either from Brazil or Europe. As you say, the interaction between drivers from Europe and SAM or two European or two South-American drivers could give warps, but we'll only know about their "severity" when they occur...

We could organize some funrace on Hauls server in order to test it.

Cheers, Marcos.

Edited by mcmirande, Dec 16 2018 - 10:11 PM.

#15 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted Dec 17 2018 - 08:45 AM

As Warren Hall said in other thread, Hauls2 server is hosting Monza with the 67x, in order to test if this idea is possible and mod-enthusiasts from different continents could race together in there.

So, test the server and put any feedback here :)

Thanks again Warren for hosting. I hope to see that server full of drivers soon ;)

Marcos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links