Roo

Jim Clark student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:climbing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 10 2018 - 01:56 AM

I just noticed that in the Legends of GPL mod there is 78L AI Speed Control v2.1.xml but from Lee's site you get 78L AI Speed Control v2.xml
Should we replace the v2.xml this 'later version'?

#17 Roo

Roo

Jim Clark student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:climbing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 10 2018 - 03:12 AM

I'm a little confused (as usual ;)) ...
1:

View Postgliebzeit, on Nov 13 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

... Sierra\GPL Secrets\GEM+\Resources\GPLMods\GEM+\canm71 folder ...
I don't have the "mod folder(s)" under resources, I just have gples.cst, gplfd.cst, gplfg.cst & gplfv.cst.
Should I have these mod named folders?

2:

View Postgliebzeit, on Nov 13 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

... I have these in the physics folder:
77D No Letterbox v4
77E Head Physics v15
78A Pressure Bug Fix v2
78L AI Speed Control v2
what do you mean by the "physics folder"? 'gpl/mods/gem+/canm71' (or whatever mod)?

My understanding is this:
patches in the 'gplsecrets/gem+/options' folder will always appear in the gem+ interface
patches in 'gpl/mods/gem+/gplf2/options' only appear for that selected mod.

I use the 'gpl/mods/gem+/gplXX/options' folder so the patches I want for a specific mod are only available to that mod & always ticked e.g. the various 60fps patches or the tire pressure fix, therefore I don't need to remember which patches are needed for that mod.

I put the '78L AI Speed Control v2.xml' into my 'gpl/mods/gem+/gplf2/options' folder, deleted the gplcf2.exe file, but it causes gem+ to give an 'error' like Leon & fail to start gpl.
If I put the '78L AI Speed Control v2.xml' into 'gplsecrets/gem+/options', delete gplcf2.exe, gem+ rebuilds the files ok & I can drive gpl.

Would be nice to know why this happens.
I race the AI quite often so this patch would be a nice addition to the arsenal. Sure I can probably remember to turn it off if I use 55 or canam66 mods (LoG too I guess?) but it would be nice to continue with my current philosophy of having it only visible for the mods that require it.

Thanks for any input you can give :thumbup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links