- - - - -

Windows 10 1803 (May 2018 Creator's Update)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 smasha

smasha

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 21 2018 - 10:07 PM

Massive controller issues with this sim.

No FFB working and axis disappearing.

Has to be Windows 10-.

#32 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted May 22 2018 - 01:46 PM

Found an easy way to prevent Win10 1803 from installing without removing the update capabilites of Win10 itself. You know, for security patches and such. This works only on Pro versions of Win10 though.

Go to Settings > Updates & Security > Advanced Settings
Then click and select "Current Branch for Business", which means that you'll get big updates like 1803 only when they are stable and judged ready for enterprises;
Then select 365 days to defer feature updates, which means that even when updates like 1803 are ready to go for business networks, you'll still have 1 year of delay in getting them;

The third option can be ignored, it simply delays security updates up to 30 days. But you generally want them, so.

Posted Image

Edited by leon_90, May 22 2018 - 01:47 PM.

#33 quico

quico

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:GPL & GTL

Posted May 30 2018 - 02:20 PM

Yesterday my laptop actualized with the 1803 and gpl stoped working. I don't race with the laptop but I use it for build the Jarama and use the replay option continually. I searched this thread and solved the problem. Thanks!

#34 roberto teso

roberto teso

Subtitled

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Shoestrings theory

Posted Jun 01 2018 - 06:24 AM

A little update about 1803 progress.

Installed Windows 10 cumulative update, KB4100403 May 23, no trouble so far, Windows build now is 17134.81

Installed latest Nvidia 397.93 WHQL, May 24, no trouble at all.

That partially solved some HDR issue:
difficulty or crashes when a decent video player switch to HDR and back to SDR (MPC-HC and branches, PotPlayer and VLC)
washed SDR contents if HDR is set on giving the possiblity to modify brightness for SDR contents (Start > Settings > Display > HDR and WCG settings then change settings for SDR contents).

Then I modify Focus assistant, as read here, to disable.

During the first boot after 1803 installation I was asked to enable it and I choose to not enable but, after updating to May 8 and then to May 23, I, not surprisingly, found it enabled, without having a question or a notification.

After I set it off (Start > Settings > System > Focus assist) GPL run perfectly in full screen even with D3Dv2 rasterizer.

Only problem so far, and I suppose unsolvable, is to set resolution to 3820x2160 if I do, via core.ini, there's no 3820x2160 in OGLv2 and it run in 1920x1080, in D3Dv2 i can choose 3820x2160 but when I click green button GPL CTD, IIRC DirectX 7, that GPL use, is limited to max 2048x1536 resolution.

Edit a mistyped settings.

Edited by roberto teso, Jun 01 2018 - 06:25 AM.

#35 Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood

Jimmy Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:music sports car racing astronomy

Posted Jun 11 2018 - 03:00 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for the info on this update issue. I did get affected by the Win 10 Spring 2018 update and the info above worked in fixing GPL using D3Dv2.

Cheers.

PH

#36 GrandPrixYannick

GrandPrixYannick

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Check out my channel for some nice GPL content :)

Posted Jun 12 2018 - 07:21 AM

For me the update came only a few days ago.

I am expressing utter annoyance by the extended loading times.

Moreover am I experiencing the TV cams flipping upside down when my car passes by a little too close, for a couple of tenths of a second.
I don't think I had this before, but boy, does it annoy me.

#37 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,826 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Jun 12 2018 - 01:57 PM

View PostGrandPrixYannick, on Jun 12 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

Moreover am I experiencing the TV cams flipping upside down when my car passes by a little too close, for a couple of tenths of a second.
I don't think I had this before, but boy, does it annoy me.

For me, this has been going on for a long time. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the latest Windows update, especially as I haven't allowed the latest update to install on my PC. I don't often view replays, so I've never bothered to mention it on the forums. But it looks as though, for most of the mods since the GT/Sports mod, that something has happened to the cameras. Sometimes they appear to be positioned too close to the track, so that (as Yannick says) the cars pass by too closely, and something weird happens to the camera image. As the car approaches, the zoom factor increases, and becomes extreme. It's almost as though the car passes "through" the camera, and then the camera starts to display a "reversed" image, mirrored and upside-down. As the car passes and starts to recede, the image reverses itself again, becoming an extremely zoomed normal image. As the car moves further away, the image becomes more normal as the zoom reduces.

Edited by Saiph, Jun 12 2018 - 02:00 PM.

#38 pioujd428

pioujd428

Chris

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:1967 and 1968

Posted Jun 18 2018 - 10:05 PM

I had this problem with the TV cams flipping a while ago. If I remember correctly it was gpl shift causing it for some weird reason because I had to turn it off and the cameras started working normally for me again. Maybe it was just a coincidence though.

#39 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,826 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Jun 23 2018 - 10:48 AM

As I have a few hours to spare today, I've reactivated Windows 10 updates in the winaero tweaker and allowed update 1803 to be installed. After all the restarts had finished, I went to the control panel and turned off all the "focus assist" options. I then went into GPL and tested OpenGLv2 and Direct3Dv2 and both are working fine.

Thank you to everybody who posted about the 1803 update in this thread, [a] to let us know that there was a problem, and especially [b] those who searched around, found the cause and came up with the solution.
:thankyou: :bravo: :up:

I shall now turn off Win 10 updates again, and allow the rest of the world to be my beta tester for the next update! :tomato: :D :wave:

Edited by Saiph, Jun 23 2018 - 10:48 AM.

#40 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,001 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jun 23 2018 - 11:00 AM

What were the two factions called who loved technical 'gadgets' back in the 80s - early adopters and cautious people?  :)

#41 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing

Posted Jul 26 2018 - 06:59 PM

Turning off the "focus assist" cleared everything up. Thank you .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links