JonnyA

Perry McCarthy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Historic motor sport, sailing, astrophotography
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Aug 08 2017 - 03:34 PM

I can't remember if this has been discussed before, but are there any plans to find a way to add the 67 Historic Mod V2 carsets to GPL Rank? I realise it would be a lot of work and it would be difficult to know which carset people were using. But I would really like to know how my times compare to other peoples, it really helps to know what is possible so I keep pushing to improve!

Even another way to compare the lap times people are setting would be nice.

#2 Iestyn16

Iestyn16

Tom Pryce

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Music

Posted Aug 08 2017 - 05:43 PM

It is on custom rank if you are using that, it says X1 but that is the last carset (fastest or matching to original GPL end of season specs) so that basically all carsets are valid.

#3 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,186 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:53 PM

That doesn't help much if someone is using the proper carsets for each track and wants to compare. Isn't using the proper carsets the whole idea behind the mod? Why cater the rank to those who might cheat?

#4 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted Aug 08 2017 - 08:50 PM

I think the single way to configure it is using the fastest carset (the 7th), as currently implemented in custom rank.

Marcos

#5 JonnyA

JonnyA

Perry McCarthy

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Historic motor sport, sailing, astrophotography

Posted Aug 09 2017 - 01:31 AM

Like Pete says, Ideally what I want is to see lap times that other drivers are setting using the correct historical carset for each track - so 1 for Kyalami, 2 for Monaco, 3 for Zandvoort etc. Just to know how I compare. Now I've started driving V2 I feel a little lost, not sure if I'm doing OK or not.

#6 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,186 posts

Posted Aug 09 2017 - 10:25 AM

Exactly! After all, it is the Historic mod. There's nothing historic about using the late season cars for early season races. Might as well just use the Papy version.

#7 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted Aug 09 2017 - 04:46 PM

Yes, that would be great...

Actually I'm thinking it again and each carset save its own "player.ini" (from pla167.ini to pla767.ini) so, I don't see now a conclusive impossibility to do the ranking in the way you say.  Only  laptimes (from different races of the season) should be loaded with different .ini files.  I don't think it would be as easy to implement as in other mods, but not impossible...

Marcos.

#8 Roo

Roo

Jim Clark student

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:climbing

Posted Aug 15 2017 - 02:52 AM

One rank is obviously optimum. I would like to be able to compare like for like through all carsets as they are slightly different.
Maybe some clever person here could write a wee tool to combine the 7 different player ini files into a single ini?

having educated myself a little... I see plax67.ini is the file that counts, not the 1 other pla167 etc ... :duh:

I'm personally not bothered about going negative on ranks these days but like to see how I compare to others in same machinery, so a rank that has the 67 season tracks with a benchmark of the actual fastest lap set at that race as benchmark would do me.
Each chassis seems to be saved seperately in plax67 so in gplrank's 'multiple choice hell' one could select the chassis one wants as I currently :thumbup:

Edited by Roo, Aug 16 2017 - 10:11 AM.

#9 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,186 posts

Posted Aug 15 2017 - 08:33 AM

It would sure be a slower rank than using the fastest car for all tracks. The Lotus as an example would have to use the Lotus 43 at Kyalami and the Lotus 33 at Monaco. Almost all the cars are heavier and slower in the early season races.

Using the fastest car for all tracks is as silly as using the replay laps of the beta testers for the Papy rank. Who came up with that idea?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links