Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 02 2017 - 05:11 AM

Greg the FFB should work well with mint 17.3 and fglrx the kernel has the needed drivers.
The ffb feels exactly the same in both kernels.
Yes, sometimes it needs a restart of GPL to make it work for the first time.

Do you have the range file to set the rotation?

#122 roberto teso

roberto teso

Subtitled

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Shoestrings theory

Posted Nov 23 2017 - 02:30 AM

Hi all, I want let you know that AMD GPU (AMDGPU DC) are now part of Linux 4.15 kernel!

To read more detailed info about go here: https://www.phoronix...rch&q=AMDGPU DC

That's a very, very good news for GPL on Linux, for AMD lovers and generally speaking, for all gamers that prefer a PC to a console or hate proprietary, closed code, expensive, inoperative system, who said Micro$oft? Yes, exactly them.

Cookie, please, I've a GTX1080 so can't do any, can you kindly do some test for us?

P.S. Edited to insert the link.

Edited by roberto teso, Nov 23 2017 - 02:33 AM.

#123 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted Nov 23 2017 - 04:06 AM

It means that the open AMD driver is implemented in the kernel, but it still supports only newer lines of AMD GPU's.
My HD 7970 will still not be supported...

I found this:
"It just means that modern AMD GPUs and their features will work out of the box on future distro versions shipping Linux 4.15 or higher. No configuration required; batteries included.
It's a big reason why we are gently pushing for more AMD GPUs (or Intel IGP) in our fleet of Debian desktops. They are simply much easier to maintain."

Here you find the supported hardware:
https://help.ubuntu....y/AMDGPU-Driver

Edited by Cookie, Nov 23 2017 - 04:10 AM.

#124 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted Nov 23 2017 - 07:04 AM

But I have good news:

Manjaro even with the newest (4.14) kernel still supports the AMD prorietary driver with Catalyst Control Center!

Works with GPL like a charm on my old Phenom II x2 @ x4 3500MHz and HD 6870 GPU 2GB VRAM

#125 JMF

JMF

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:GPL, gardening, woodworking, classic rock, modern blues, jazz-rock fusion, and sex.

Posted Apr 17 2018 - 07:56 AM

I may have this working well now. The only bug I'm seeing is when I exit the car if I move the cursor to the right or down the GPL menu/screen will scroll and I can see the desktop displayed at a low resolution. I think this can crash GPL sometimes. If I click the mouse button immediately after exiting the car, the screen won't scroll.

I'm now using Linux Mint 18 with a AMD Ryzen 1200 cpu and EVGA GTX 750ti. I installed the oldest drivers I could find that I thought would support the GTX 750ti. I couldn't get rid of the stutters from join/disco messages using a GTX 1050ti. I suspect something has been dropped from the gpu drivers over the years. I never had the stutter problems using a nvidia 9500GT.

It appears to be running well. I'm using 16X anti-aliasing and maximum settings in GPL. During a recent online test at Silverstone in the 69Xs, I saw a steady 60fps the entire time. Spa67 at 60fps may require me to turn off a few things like clouds and crowds in the mirrors.

#126 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted Jun 10 2018 - 09:05 PM

Hello, I have a question

Did somebody test realtime kernels in GPL?  Do you think they could improve the FPS?

Thanks! Marcos

#127 roberto teso

roberto teso

Subtitled

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Shoestrings theory

Posted Jun 12 2018 - 01:29 AM

View Postmcmirande, on Jun 10 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

Did somebody test realtime kernels in GPL?  Do you think they could improve the FPS?

Never tried, but I don't think that could improve FPS, it could only became more precise

Generally speaking RT versions of SO, there's even RTOS version of Windows 10, normally have the only meaning to have timed events that respect what they declare, e.g. if I need 500 ms. clocked interval for sampling it have to occour exactly every 500 ms.

I have an extensive experience about, using controllers in automation and robotics from the early years of the '80.

#128 mcmirande

mcmirande

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted Jun 12 2018 - 05:26 AM

Thanks Roberto!  I just "discovered" rt kernels and that question came into my mind after reading something about.

Marcos.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links