• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JMF

JMF

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:GPL, gardening, woodworking, classic rock, modern blues, jazz-rock fusion, and sex.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Apr 02 2013 - 10:46 AM

Does anybody know how to get the AI to run at a higher speed? I was driving Sebring67 lately and the AI cars top out at 150mph which makes it pretty boring to use the Can Am cars there other than a few laps of practice.

If I make some new lp files, is it possible the new files will make the cars hit a higher speed? Or is it a waste of my time?

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ed76

ed76

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted Apr 02 2013 - 03:50 PM

in the track folder
make a copy of Track.ini
rename it Tra71CA

and change values in tra71CA

[ GP ]
dlong_speed_adj_coeff = 0.907    ; value modifies dlong velocities (i.e. RELS) in .LP  
dlong_speed_maximum = 2.500000   ; max. dlong speed (meters/tick) for .LP after all modifiers (e.g., dlong_speed_adj_coeff)

1st value : change the speed all along the track ( ....time/lap )
2nd value : max speed of cars  --> 1=130km/ h  ,  2=260km/h ....2.5=325km/h  ; (+0,1=+13km/h)

Edited by ed76, Apr 02 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#3 JMF

JMF

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:GPL, gardening, woodworking, classic rock, modern blues, jazz-rock fusion, and sex.

Posted Jul 03 2013 - 01:14 PM

Thanks for your reply. It helped. I was able to make a new race.lp and a new tra71CA.ini that work pretty good. The McLarens top out 2 -3 mph higher than I do in the Ferrari at Sebring.

What's the difference in changing the dlong_speed_adj_coeff versus the npt_override setting?

Is the dlong_speed_adj_coeff value just a multiplier applied to the longitudinal speed in the lp file? Knowing this would help me make calculations for top speeds at various tracks.

I've been working on several lp files for the Can Am cars and the dlong_speed_adj_coeff and npt_override seem to have the same effect on the AI performance. I'm assuming if I make a race.lp with a Can Am car that the dlong_speed_adj_coeff is not that important. Is the dlong_speed_adj_coeff's  main use for speeding up lp files made with slower cars?

I like to run full length races on the novice setting. Is there a way I can speed up the cars when they're heavy with fuel? At Lemans I run 214 mph top speed with 77 gallons of fuel in the Ferrari. Hulme barely tops 200 mph early in the race but will hit close to 220 mph on the 28th lap. I wish they'd hit a higher top speed heavy on fuel but I don't need them any faster at the end.

I've fooled around with the braking_efficiency_coeff value in the gpl71a.ini (can't remember exact file name) hoping to increase the AI's braking distance. The AIs braking distance is half of mine at Lemans. I was able to increase them by about 50m without causing too many accidents. Siffert though, is likely to crash at the end of the Mulsanne Straight changing this setting. He is also highly suspectible to crashing when I change the nominal_traction_circle values too. Any suggestions on how I can increase the AIs braking distances while improving the top speeds. If I set the npt to match or slightly better my lap times in qualifying I blow them away the first 3/4's of a full race distance on novice setting race. If I set the npt to average 162+ mph (my approximate average so far) over the 28 novice laps, the fastest cars qualify 3 to 4 seconds faster than me but are 3 to 4 seconds slower per lap for the first 14 laps but 3 to 4 seconds faster than me in the closing laps. I wish I could make the AIs performance not vary as greatly as it does between the start and finish of an actual full race distance novice race.

Does anybody have any recommendations of which Can Am car I should use to make the lp files? I usually drive the Ferrari but the Spa and Lemans race.lp I've made are unfriendly to Siffert in the Porsche. What kind of influence does the wing setting have on the AI files. I drove a smooth but faster than I realized lap at Spa with 7 degree wing setting and made the race.lp. It was a horrible file. Any sliding whatsoever wreaked havoc on the AI and for some reason the AI topped out at 150mph no matter what I did to the dlong_speed_adj_coeff values. I've got Hulme and Revson up to 215 mph now with a 9 second slower lap replay but I was surprised how lousy my initial results were.

And if anybody is interested I have almost complete race.lps for the Can Am cars at Spa, Lemans, Indy 500, Sebring 67, and Hockenheim. I think the pass.lps are finished for Spa and Lemans but I haven't worked on the pass files for the other three tracks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links