#1 KCD

KCD

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 06:24 AM

Recently I rediscovered GPL resting quietly on my hard drive.  I had set it up with the purchase of this machine several years ago and maybe played it once or twice.  Then I got busy and GPL faded into the depths of the hard drive, not to be rediscovered until last weekend.

I have GEM+ 2.5.32 with all of the mods, and all work properly save for the Can Am mod.  The mod loads, but it will not load any tracks, even those it requires to be loaded.  I cannot figure out what I could have done wrong, can anyone assist me in getting this mod working?

Thanks,

KCD

#2 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,271 posts

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 07:25 AM

That usually indicates that you have a problem with the car files.  You might try re-downloading and reinstalling the Can Am mod.

#3 Art-J

Art-J

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, vintage motorsports, history.

Posted Jul 19 2014 - 08:12 AM

While we're at it, don't forget to download and install a historical addon, which improves original mod package quite a lot.

#4 KCD

KCD

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Jul 20 2014 - 06:40 AM

"...download and install a historical addon, which improves original mod package..."   What add-on would that be and is it just a patch?

Also having problems with Thunder Cars.  That mod will not load through GEM (but will on its own).  I can't get the cars to show up in GEM either graphically or as a  mod???

Thanks.

KCD

#5 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jul 26 2014 - 04:49 PM

The 1971 Can-Am Historical Add-on (which includes an earlier patch) can be found at this web site link.  Click on 'Download' on the title page, then on the image of the program covers on bottom, right-hand side of the 'booklet' :

http://canam71.gplworld.eu/

Edited by gliebzeit, Jul 28 2014 - 08:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links