X3D

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Simulations
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 27 2017 - 08:32 AM

I'm using version 2.6.1 of setup manager but am unable to edit certain functions due to the size of the car image, I tried to upload an image in various ways to show this problem but was denied that addition to this post. I tried an earlier version where the image is smaller the steering settings etc can be seen but it doesn't function with the other mods.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I just managed to figure out the problem, I downloaded the Setup Manager 2.6 posted in this forum, now I can see the Steering Ratio, not sure where I got the 2.6.1 file from?

Edited by X3D, Sep 27 2017 - 11:58 AM.

#2 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Sep 27 2017 - 03:37 PM

GPL Setup Manager 2.6.1 is the latest version.  This has the Gordini T16 with a 4-speed gearbox.

The 2.6.0 was a beta that has the Gordini with a 5-speed gearbox - which is incorrect for the Released 55 Mod.

Latest GPL Setup Manager 2.6.1 D/L page:  http://gplmotorworks.gplworld.de/

Edited by gliebzeit, Oct 01 2017 - 10:42 AM.

#3 X3D

X3D

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Sep 28 2017 - 01:21 AM

Thanks, thats the version that hides the steering ratio because of the car image being too large.

https://imgur.com/hVfmb0X

#4 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,745 posts

Posted Sep 28 2017 - 06:24 AM

X3D, the steering ratio is not clipped by the car image in the 2.6.1 version for me.  It must be either your video driver or something in your graphics setup.

Windows 7 64-bit with nVidia 930M graphics using 1920x1080 resolution.

Attached Files

• Attached File  SM67.jpg   139.72K   42 downloads
  • Attached File  SM55.jpg   132.42K   53 downloads

Edited by gliebzeit, Oct 02 2017 - 07:04 AM.

#5 X3D

X3D

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Sep 28 2017 - 08:31 AM

Thanks for the info Greg, I will experiment to see what graphical setting might be causing this mystery?

I am running windows 10 on a FX8350 with a HD7850 graphics card. If anyone else is running radeon with the same issue?

I've altered and tested all the functions I can within the Radeon settings then began to look at Windows 10, there has been a scaling issue at times for certain programs but even that fix didn't resolve the problem, so I'm out of ideas.

Edited by X3D, Sep 28 2017 - 12:21 PM.

#6 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Sep 30 2017 - 02:08 AM

Afair you must set the scaling to the GPU and not let it be set by display.

Sorry for the diffuse hint but I am on NV now...

#7 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,747 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Sep 30 2017 - 06:20 AM

I run a GTX650 and I have the same problem with GPLSM 2.6.1. I have no scaling options set anywhere, either in Windows or my graphics drivers. I just run in 1920x1080 res, and I can't see the steering ratio box because of the oversized picture. However, it doesn't really bother me as I can set the ratio in the garage, and once set, I don't need to change it.

#8 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,745 posts

Posted Sep 30 2017 - 07:11 AM

Guys ... do the car images clip with the steering ratio box, for you, in all Mods in GPL Setup Manager 2.6.1 ?

#9 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,747 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Sep 30 2017 - 08:38 AM

GPLSM 2.6.1 seems to work ok with the '71 Can-Am mod. With most other mods, the car pic drops down so low it completely obscures the steering ratio line. With the '69 and '69x mods, the pic partially obscures the front wing setting box.

Also (as I've just been reminded by this little testing session), when you switch between mods in GEM, and then click on the "Edit" button for your selected car, very often GPLSM will tell you that your settings.ini file is corrupted. You have to delete it and then re-select your gpl.exe file. This can get a little irritating if you're hotlapping cars from different mods on a new track.

#10 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,745 posts

Posted Sep 30 2017 - 01:47 PM

Keith, I really don't know what might be causing that issue.  Please see Post #4 and the attached images.  I do not get the overlapping with '67 and '55 Mods ... and all other Mods.

EDIT:  What resolution are you guys using?  I have Windows 7 64-bit with nVidia 930M graphics using 1920x1080 res..  I believe that higher resolutions give that issue.

Edited by gliebzeit, Oct 02 2017 - 07:05 AM.

#11 X3D

X3D

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Oct 01 2017 - 01:17 AM

I'm using 1920x1080, I'm guessing its a windows 10 issue but after trying the beta version of Setup Manager which displayed correctly I'm not so sure.

If you look at the image link I uploaded you will see how the text is also not restricted to the menu guidelines unlike Greg's screenshots.

#12 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 2,637 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Oct 01 2017 - 03:57 AM

Lee was aware of this issue and I thought he did fix it but may be he didn't post the file to public?
I'm really not sure, it's a while that I am just  :MTBride:

#13 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Oct 01 2017 - 07:39 AM

Yes Ginetto, you opened a thread at Repository, but no solution yet by Lee...

#14 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted Oct 01 2017 - 10:39 AM

I've had a busy summer and forgot about trying to fix this issue...or I tried and was unsuccessful...can't remember now.

I think it is caused by the user's screen resolution...I'm using a 1920x1080 monitor and haven't seen this issue.  The code that resizes the car picture and all the various text boxes and controls uses the screen resolution to do the magic resizing.  Unfortunately, it's not all that sophisticated, but is the best I've ever come up with without buying commercial resizing code.

The picture box really isn't necessary.  I only included it as a demo on how to display a picture.

I'm busy on another project right now, but can probably come up with a revised Setup Manager that doesn't have the car picture.

#15 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,247 posts

Posted Oct 01 2017 - 08:17 PM

View PostLee200, on Oct 01 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

I think it is caused by the user's screen resolution...I'm using a 1920x1080 monitor and haven't seen this issue.

I use 1920x1080, Windows 10 and an nVidia GTX 760 and the picture in my Setup Manager v2.6.1 blocks the steering ratio as well.  But I really don't think this is a pressing issue as it's easily adjusted in the GPL setup menu. However, the picture really isn't essential either.

BTW, I've tried every possible (I think) graphics and scaling setting in Control Panel > nVidia Control Panel with no luck in changing the image overlap.

Edited by Bob Simpson, Oct 01 2017 - 08:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links