#16 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 02 2015 - 10:28 AM

I am sure the problem is the 66 championship because I am doing a CanAm championship at the same time and it is running fine

#17 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,747 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Mar 02 2015 - 10:40 AM

Aha, I've just seen that you've deleted the championship file. I'm not sure what could still be causing the problem.  :(

Just in case it's the '66 seasons file, try backing yours up and unzipping mine, which I've attached. I've updated it to use Spa '67.

Attached Files

• Attached File  g66.zip   738bytes   8 downloads

Edited by Saiph, Mar 02 2015 - 11:01 AM.

#18 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted Mar 02 2015 - 11:26 AM

Thank you Saiph. I am going to try it right now

#19 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted Mar 02 2015 - 11:32 AM

GREAT SAIPH !!!! :bowdown2: :up:  it works !!!!   thank you very much and thanks to everyone else who help me with this.

#20 Alter

Jochen Rindt

• Supporter
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Mar 02 2015 - 11:44 AM

Hi racers!
Since I have a comparable problem with TC and 69 mod I'd really like to compare chris' and saiphs files. Chris, could you plz post your g66.ini here?
Thank you :whatever:
#21 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,247 posts

Posted Mar 02 2015 - 12:56 PM

If you're creating or modifying any season or Championship file, make sure that your sgem is updated from the seasons window in GEM.

#22 MrDarkSide

MrDarkSide

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:-

Posted Mar 02 2015 - 12:57 PM

Hello, so I downloaded Spa 67 with the high-res textures back when it came out, but since my steering wheel is broken, I haven't got the chance to try it out.
Today I thought I'd just let the AI race themselves on the track to see if it works. But when I tried to start it up a message pops up which says "Couldn't load track. Cancelling the weekend."  It doesn't work in training mode either.

Does anyone know what's wrong? Forgive my ignorance, I appreciate any assistance.

EDIT: I've done nothing else except basically replacing the original track with Spa67 in Championship seasons and all that.

Edited by MrDarkSide, Mar 02 2015 - 12:58 PM.

#23 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted Mar 02 2015 - 01:30 PM

Sure Alter.

Attached Files

• Attached File  g66.ini   1.58K   6 downloads

#24 chris skepis

chris skepis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted Mar 02 2015 - 01:35 PM

View PostMrDarkSide, on Mar 02 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

Hello, so I downloaded Spa 67 with the high-res textures back when it came out, but since my steering wheel is broken, I haven't got the chance to try it out.
Today I thought I'd just let the AI race themselves on the track to see if it works. But when I tried to start it up a message pops up which says "Couldn't load track. Cancelling the weekend."  It doesn't work in training mode either.

Does anyone know what's wrong? Forgive my ignorance, I appreciate any assistance.

EDIT: I've done nothing else except basically replacing the original track with Spa67 in Championship seasons and all that.

Did you also change the Spa Francorchamps to Spa67 in the Gem+ seasons ? Be careful with this because it was there that my problem started.

#25 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,247 posts

Posted Mar 02 2015 - 01:41 PM

I think that hi-res texture download gets inserted into the already installed standard track.  It sounds like you don't have the track installed really - just the hi-res textures.

#26 MrDarkSide

MrDarkSide

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted Mar 04 2015 - 12:24 PM

View Postchris skepis, on Mar 02 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

Did you also change the Spa Francorchamps to Spa67 in the Gem+ seasons ? Be careful with this because it was there that my problem started.

I replaced the original Spa with the new one, yes. Maybe that causes problems? I'll check during the weekend.

EDIT: I didn't do that until after I'd tried the first time.

View PostBob Simpson, on Mar 02 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

I think that hi-res texture download gets inserted into the already installed standard track.  It sounds like you don't have the track installed really - just the hi-res textures.

Well, I installed the track with the installer that came with the basic download and then added the hi-res textures. But I'll try to reinstall it during the weekend.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!

Edited by MrDarkSide, Mar 04 2015 - 12:31 PM.

#27 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Whatever

Posted Mar 04 2015 - 01:11 PM

MrDarkSide, it sounds like you installed it correctly.  Maybe try installing just the standard track install and making sure that works first, and then try installing the hi-res files. Another thought is to ask if you have installed the GPL 67 1.3 patch?  I believe that has to be done for Spa67 to work.  In case not, link is below.

http://srmz.net/inde...owtopic=4875= 1.3  update&st=0

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by dbell84, Mar 05 2015 - 09:00 AM.

#28 MrDarkSide

MrDarkSide

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted Mar 07 2015 - 01:38 PM

View Postdbell84, on Mar 04 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

MrDarkSide, it sounds like you installed it correctly.  Maybe try installing just the standard track install and making sure that works first, and then try installing the hi-res files. Another thought is to ask if you have installed the GPL 67 1.3 patch?  I believe that has to be done for Spa67 to work.  In case not, link is below.

Good luck,

Dave

Yes, I have installed the 1.03. I tried to reinstall the track without the high-res update and run it. Now it says "Could not initialize the replay system. Cancelling the weekend." I'll try to pinpoint the problem from there.

#29 dbell84

dbell84

Dan Gurney For President

• Supporter
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Whatever

Posted Mar 07 2015 - 02:12 PM

View PostMrDarkSide, on Mar 07 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

View Postdbell84, on Mar 04 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

Good luck,

Dave

Yes, I have installed the 1.03. I tried to reinstall the track without the high-res update and run it. Now it says "Could not initialize the replay system. Cancelling the weekend." I'll try to pinpoint the problem from there.

Maybe this post will help with that.

http://srmz.net/inde...=75#entry106465

#30 MrDarkSide

MrDarkSide

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted Mar 12 2015 - 04:32 PM

View Postdbell84, on Mar 07 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

Maybe this post will help with that.

http://srmz.net/inde...=75#entry106465

It did! Thank you very much! And thanks to Benzman as well for the original post!

It's quite splendid this Spa, isn't it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links