7 replies to this topic

#1 SteveC43

SteveC43

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted Mar 23 2011 - 05:42 AM

For some reason, when I look at 107%, it looks like Phil's (incredible) Nurburgring MK2F time is an accepted world record. However, when I look at the world record page for the GT's, Nurburgring doesn't even show up. Is it just me or is everyone else seeing the same thing?

#2 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,849 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 23 2011 - 03:07 PM

Looks like they haven't got around to verifying the Nurby world records yet. When I look at the world records, if I select "Verified world records only", then Nurby doesn't appear. If I select "Fastest laptimes of all tracks", then Phil's 7:59.094 shows up, as it does in all the other lists.

Maybe in the 107% display, the phrase "world record" simply means "the fastest lap we have stored here", rather than a verified world record.

Edited by Saiph, Mar 23 2011 - 03:09 PM.

#3 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,321 posts

Posted Mar 23 2011 - 03:18 PM

View PostSteveC43, on Mar 23 2011 - 05:42 AM, said:

For some reason, when I look at 107%, it looks like Phil's (incredible) Nurburgring MK2F time is an accepted world record. However, when I look at the world record page for the GT's, Nurburgring doesn't even show up. Is it just me or is everyone else seeing the same thing?
How do you reach this?  When I go to 107%, I can get a listing of my times vs the world records but it doesn't even show who the records are by.  Or are the WR times there typically only the verified times for that mod?

#4 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,849 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Mar 23 2011 - 03:34 PM

View PostBob Simpson, on Mar 23 2011 - 03:18 PM, said:

How do you reach this?  When I go to 107%, I can get a listing of my times vs the world records but it doesn't even show who the records are by......
No, the 107% list doesn't show any info apart from the WR time, you have to cross-reference from one of the other lists. I used the "Multiple Choice Hell" and just selected GT "Top Times" at Nurby 67.

As I mentioned in my previous post, it looks like the 107% "world records" are simply the fastest times stored in the database, rather than times which have actually been verified.

#5 SteveC43

SteveC43

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted Mar 23 2011 - 05:35 PM

Not sure that's right Saiph. Usually it would say "world record candidate!!!" for my time if a faster one wasn't already approved. For instance, his Porsche time is a second faster than mine and I see  "world record candidate!!!" But I see 101.153% by the MK2F, which means his lap there is verified or that you have to be within a certain percentage of the fastest time to be able to submit. :idunno:

#6 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,849 posts

Posted Mar 23 2011 - 08:46 PM

View PostSteveC43, on Mar 23 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

Not sure that's right Saiph. Usually it would say "world record candidate!!!" for my time if a faster one wasn't already approved. For instance, his Porsche time is a second faster than mine and I see  "world record candidate!!!" But I see 101.153% by the MK2F, which means his lap there is verified or that you have to be within a certain percentage of the fastest time to be able to submit. :idunno:
I see. Obviously, I don't have any GT world record candidate laps myself,  :D  so I don't see these extra remarks. That makes it look like there's a little bit of inconsistency somewhere in GPLRank, because if Phil's record is verified, why doesn't it show up in the world record list?  :confused:

#7 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 531 posts

Posted Mar 24 2011 - 06:58 AM

I was looking at this earlier too. GPLRank has suddenly started asking for a replay of my comparatively slow MirageM1 lap which I didn't save because I hadn't even reached my goal of getting it negative. Looking at the times I see that most are Steve's times just rounded up a couple of hundredths. I assumed that the rank admins had used Steve's times as a benchmark but that Steve hadn't submitted his replays yet. When I have submitted a replay it was usually verified within 24 hours. (My glory was only short-lived, thanks to Steve and others). Maybe there is some glitch so the verified records for Nurby aren't being displayed?

#8 Dr Tooth

Dr Tooth

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted Mar 29 2011 - 07:44 AM

View PostFrenchy, on Mar 24 2011 - 06:58 AM, said:

I was looking at this earlier too. GPLRank has suddenly started asking for a replay of my comparatively slow MirageM1 lap which I didn't save because I hadn't even reached my goal of getting it negative. Looking at the times I see that most are Steve's times just rounded up a couple of hundredths. I assumed that the rank admins had used Steve's times as a benchmark but that Steve hadn't submitted his replays yet. When I have submitted a replay it was usually verified within 24 hours. (My glory was only short-lived, thanks to Steve and others). Maybe there is some glitch so the verified records for Nurby aren't being displayed?

These times where submitted early in GT history and proberbly just uploaded as times, not WR, :D so submit your times Steve and they┬┤ll get veryfied  :clap2:

Dr Tooth :wave:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links