- - - - -

Unable To Start Gpl: Clicking Green Button Does Nothing.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Amon

Chris Amon

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:GPL.
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Dec 26 2019 - 11:38 AM

I'm unable to start GPL all of a sudden and I can't figure out why. It worked perfectly after installing two new tracks (Buenos Aires 55 and Philip Island). I loaded and drove both tracks ok. All I did after that was load some replays and play around with capturing some video with Fraps. Next day, I fire it up from GEM (like I always do) and I get to the main menu screen, I click the green button on the lower left and nothing happens i.e. the training session does not launch. I've tried several tracks. The red button on the lower right of the main menu works because it exists GPL. I'm puzzled. The same thing happens when I start the game directly from gplc67.exe. Any ideas please?

I haven't done any OS updates and some codecs I installed in-between running GPL have been removed too - not that that should have thing to do with it.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

PS: When the click the green flag button on the main menu, the button momentarily changes shade as if the click has been registered but the session does not start.

#2 webfoot

webfoot

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 289 posts
  • Interests:.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 26 2019 - 12:12 PM

See Lee's post #2 in this thread

http://srmz.net/inde...l=&fromsearch=1

#3 MK3424

MK3424

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Gaming

Posted Dec 26 2019 - 12:20 PM

Also recommendable: apply the 4gb patch to the original gpl.exe and remove the rest and then let iGor rebuild the executable files:

The 4gb patch allows the game to use 4gb of ram, instead of physical 3.2gb, this helped me since i wasn't able to load the game when using the Spa67 track, which uses a lot of ram.

4gb patch: https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371

#4 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted Dec 26 2019 - 01:35 PM

Do any of the other mods work?

The first thing to try is to delete the various GPL.exes except the original GPL.exe and try to launch the 55mod again via GEM.

Next would be to reinstall the 55mod.

This sounds like a file is missing, but from what you told in the first post I cant see what would have gone missing. So a corrupted exe seems likely.

#5 Chris Amon

Chris Amon

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:GPL.

Posted Dec 26 2019 - 01:39 PM

View Postwebfoot, on Dec 26 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

See Lee's post #2 in this thread

http://srmz.net/inde...l=&fromsearch=1

Thank you very much! Lee's post reminded of something I did but had completely forgotten about. While playing around with video capture, I wanted to try a different Ferrari sound and so I renamed the wav file I was using before and put in the new one which turned out to be garbage and so I deleted it. I thought I had undone the renaming of the older wav file so it hadn't occur to me to check. Turns out it was still called fer1.wav. The car I had selected on GEM ws of course the Ferrari.

I feel like an idiot but we live and learn. Thank you once again.

Edited by Chris Amon, Dec 26 2019 - 01:40 PM.

#6 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Administrators
  • 1,660 posts

Posted Dec 26 2019 - 03:26 PM

Glad to help.  :)

GPL is strict about missing files.  You would have gotten the same problem by selecting any of the cars even though only the Ferrari was missing its sound file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links