Be Somebody

• GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 05 2020 - 10:55 AM

G P L Links Now on GitHub

Until recently, the gpllinks.org backdoor featured a custom utility created many many years ago by a GPLer coded in Python 2.

Python 2 is now obsolete, unsupported, and poses a security threat to any server or user.

Something had to be done or gpllinks would be gone or archived in a way that would make it functional but impossible to edit.

The easiest solution was to use GitHub, (thanks to all who offered help), which allowed for easy transfer of all working links, and the web html presentation we see currently when opening gpllinks.

GitHub is not something I know anything about. Our friend ridcully set this up.

This is a good thing because unlike the previous gpllinks there is now a lot more that can be done, similar to any other website.

All gpllinks needs now is enthusiastic, dedicated talent to make it happen.

Anyone with interest in GitHub, website development, programming, Grand Prix Legends, and in maintaining the links would be very welcome.

Because, there is no one else who will be doing anything unless someone steps up.

Anyone working on Mods, tracks, or utilities, or who just wants to help out, is welcome to promote recognition of their efforts, and those of others, by contacting me (for the moment), and joining the GPL Links Team as an administrator.

Finally, have been team leader of gpllinks team for going on 12-years.
Every time there was an election I won again.

Now retired and am not running.

Someone else will have to take over or no future changes will be made to the links on gpllinks.

Hopefully, some from the Repository and some regulars from these forums will step up on behalf of Grand Prix Legends and all who enjoy our sport.

Maintaining the links is too much of a job for one person.

Any with interest, please PM.

Thanks,
John

Edited by John Woods, Jul 05 2020 - 10:56 AM.

#2 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jul 09 2020 - 01:13 PM

View PostJohn Woods, on Jul 05 2020 - 10:55 AM, said:

Any with interest, please PM.

John, I hope you have already got PMs?