#41 Yngwie

Yngwie

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted Jun 20 2012 - 01:17 PM

View Postnes, on Jun 20 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

I install the news (8.17.13.142 - 15/05/2012)drivers to my "NVIDIA Geforce GT430", but the FXAA are dissabled, so ... no test yet.

I got the same driver here and can activate it on a 9600GT. I'm not sure if it's thought to be used with or instead of AA.

#42 isamu

isamu

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 03:12 AM

Good stuff guys :) Thanks Bob for the link and the settings. I will try them out mate :)

#43 Paco

Paco

Frank DePace

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Family, sim racing, golf
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted May 06 2014 - 08:36 PM

Hi Bob,
TV is a Samsung 5300 series 1920x1080 60p.  In the cockpit view graphics look great.  When I look at it from the arcade the car is much narrower in 1920x1080 than in1280x1024.  The width of the rear tires are a lot closer together. I don' t race in the arcade view, but think that it's strange for this to happen.
Why doesn't the 1920x1080 show in GEM?  If you use GEM to set the resolution should it show in the options of GPL?  The highest resolution that shows in gpl is the 1920 where in Gem I could go higher. (see my post).
I will try your suggestion.
Thanks

#44 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,326 posts

Posted May 06 2014 - 09:35 PM

The 1920x1080 doesn't show in GEM for me either, but I can chose it in-game.  Don't ask me why...

I also see the higher resolutions but I guess that somehow the monitor res can be sensed and shows in-game in the graphics menu.

#45 Roo

Roo

Jim Clark student

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:climbing

Posted Jan 15 2017 - 10:11 AM

View PostStefan Roess, on Jun 19 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

So, if anyone has FPS problems in D3D v2  it might be worth trying Open GL v2.

I think this is THE tip for fps issues. I went from 24fps in the pits at spa67 to a solid 60fps all around the track! thanks Stefan :bowdown2:

#46 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 1,933 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Aug 25 2018 - 07:26 AM

Nice that I could help Roo. :thumbup:

I have recently spent many hours to rework all my graphics settings for all sims as I tried tips of YouTube videos to optimize the default Windows 10 NVIDIA graphics settings. And it really made a difference for all sims. So I have deleted all my NVIDIA profiles and started from scratch again.

Here are my latest (high resoltuion "hardcore") settings for GPL for my NVIDIA GeForce 970 GTX, driver version 398.82 (08/01/2018).
I use NVIDIA Profile Inspector to set my graphics for all games.
In order to use the NVIDIA Profile Inspector with GPL you have to create a profile for each GPL mod.exe, e.g. for the 65 mod (gplc65.exe).
At GEM+ I set the LOD Bias to -50. Higher values make objects look flickering and blurry in the distance on my system.
And in NVIDIA Profile Inspector you should set "Texture filtering - Negative LOD Bias" to "Allow".
If you use any 60 FPS patch for GPL tick "Enable VSync" in GEM+. Untick it if you run GPL in default 36 FPS.

On a side note.
If you struggle to activate Antialiasing (AA) on Windows 10 after the Windows Anniversary Update for the games GT Legends and Automobilista you need to set in NVIDIA Profile Inspector the Antialiasing compatibility to "Diablo III". This might also work for other (race) games. If you don`t set it this way you can try whatever you want, you will not get AA to work. :blink:

--------------------------
Edit: For lower resolution "softcore" settings for NVIDIA Profile Inspector and more infos on seting up GPL have a look here:
http://gplworld.org/...tion-guide.html

Attached Files

Edited by Stefan Roess, Oct 17 2018 - 09:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links