45 replies to this topic

#21 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,389 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 12:55 PM

View PostRoikki80, on Jan 16 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

Ok, now I'm back again. It seems I have DDM on always, even if I don't have it available in GEM+. I can't find DDM in any folders or files in my whole gpl directories.. even the gpl patch inspector (as showed above) doesn't have that digital display modifier line at all in my case. BUT funny thing is, when I start playing the DDM is on!
How do I go to windows10 registry to find out if there is the uninstall option?!? At the moment it feels like the DDM is "baked" in my game..
Also, now when I start GEM+ as an administrator I get solid 36ish fps with full grid with no pribluda on(DDM is). I have a full 1080p display on also.

DDM runs as DigiDisp.exe, which is how it shows in Task Manager > Details.  Doing a search in Windows Explorer should find it, or in Task Manager, right click on it > Properties will show the location. If you can't find it, you might be confusing it with Pribluda's similar "dash" display. You can turn that off by opening pribluda.ini > dash section >

[dash]
show =  0

Edited by Bob Simpson, Jan 16 2019 - 12:58 PM.

#22 Roger_F

Roger_F

Fiero NStar V8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Classic Sports Cars

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 01:01 PM

View PostRoikki80, on Jan 16 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

Ok, now I'm back again. It seems I have DDM on always, even if I don't have it available in GEM+. I can't find DDM in any folders or files in my whole gpl directories.. even the gpl patch inspector (as showed above) doesn't have that digital display modifier line at all in my case. BUT funny thing is, when I start playing the DDM is on!
How do I go to windows10 registry to find out if there is the uninstall option?!? At the moment it feels like the DDM is "baked" in my game..
Also, now when I start GEM+ as an administrator I get solid 36ish fps with full grid with no pribluda on(DDM is). I have a full 1080p display on also.

Tried Stefans hardcore settings and it didn't work. Got like 2fps. Once again deleted the NV profile and launched game..36fps.
I'm starting to think if I have to do a complete re-install. But also I need to find out where DDM is installed or where it's registry is so I could uninstall it properly.

And thanks again you all for great advice!

Roikki80,

I running Windows 7 as it seems to be a better base for older games and I have a collection of old racing games in addition to GPL.  There has to be a remove programs facility in Windows 10, just like in Windows 7.  Google your windows 10 remove programs question if you can not find it yourself.  My removal program is in the startup section / control panel / uninstall programs sequence.  Are you running the 60fps aiv1 patch  ... if so, you should get a steady 60fps just about everywhere but the start of an AI race when you measure frame rate?

I would definitely remove DDM, before I tried a reinstall of all of GPL!  Sounds like you are getting close and the removal of DDM might just be the last piece of the puzzle!  Again good luck and let me know how it goes.

Roger

#23 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,389 posts

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 01:07 PM

View PostRoger_F, on Jan 16 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

Roikki80,

I running Windows 7 as it seems to be a better base for older games and I have a collection of old racing games in addition to GPL.  There has to be a remove programs facility in Windows 10, just like in Windows 7.  Google your windows 10 remove programs question if you can not find it yourself.  My removal program is in the startup section / control panel / uninstall programs sequence.  Are you running the 60fps aiv1 patch  ... if so, you should get a steady 60fps just about everywhere but the start of an AI race when you measure frame rate?

I would definitely remove DDM, before I tried a reinstall of all of GPL!  Sounds like you are getting close and the removal of DDM might just be the last piece of the puzzle!  Again good luck and let me know how it goes.

Roger

I think you're referring to Control Panel Items\Programs and Features but DDM or DigiDisp.exe doesn't appear there as it's not technically an installed program.

#24 Roger_F

Roger_F

Fiero NStar V8

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 02:00 PM

View Postgliebzeit, on Jan 16 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Hmmm... I have all of my separate installs and exe files setup as unique settings ... although they are all the same.  ;)

Greg,

That is very curious?  When I got my new video card (1050 TI gaming 4gb), my NVIDIA control panel got updated when I downloaded the latest 417.35 NVIDIA GPU driver.  The global program list that came with the update does not even recognize GPL as a valid game?  I guess GPL is officially a non game according to the young geeks that maintain the list  ... they have no idea what they are missing.

Roger

#25 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 02:04 PM

Roger, I had to manually point the Nvidia Control Panel at each of the installed GPL exe files ... and then made the individual Program Settings entries.  :)

By the way, I operate under the theory "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It".  So, I am using graphics driver version 354.35.  ;)

I do not run any other "games" than GPL.

Edited by gliebzeit, Jan 16 2019 - 02:07 PM.

#26 Roikki80

Roikki80

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Simracing, music listening, football,basketball...
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 02:10 PM

Ok, back tomorrow again. Can't find DDM anywhere, but it's got to be there somewhere. If I enable pribluda or shut it from GEM+, DDM dash is still there. Looked also pribluda.ini and changed dash value from 1 to 0. Dash still there in the game.
Fps is still about 30-36 when I run the GEM+ as a administrator. When it's not ran as administrator fps drops to 20ish. V-sync is off when game is working. When it's on I can't get past first menu screen no matter what fps mod is on. When off again I can play but the fps is max 50ish. But it jumps from 50 to under 20 etc.
Very very weird. =D! I'm not going to give up.

#27 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,389 posts

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 04:26 PM

View PostRoikki80, on Jan 16 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

Ok, back tomorrow again. Can't find DDM anywhere, but it's got to be there somewhere. If I enable pribluda or shut it from GEM+, DDM dash is still there. Looked also pribluda.ini and changed dash value from 1 to 0. Dash still there in the game.
Fps is still about 30-36 when I run the GEM+ as a administrator. When it's not ran as administrator fps drops to 20ish. V-sync is off when game is working. When it's on I can't get past first menu screen no matter what fps mod is on. When off again I can play but the fps is max 50ish. But it jumps from 50 to under 20 etc.
Very very weird. =D! I'm not going to give up.

By any chance are you driving in the F10 chase view? Surprisingly, it seems that I get lower framerate with the chase view. I have no idea why.

#28 bingo

bingo

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Touring cars, Music

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 05:42 PM

I'm having fps issues, but only on the heavy tracks. I guess it can't be helped at this point. 30fps and stuttery on Spa67 with the new Sports Cars, ~40-50 with other mods.
Disabling win aero stuff for all gpl exes (disable visual themes/desktop composition in compatibility settings) did give me about a 10fps boost though.
Lately I've been finding myself thinking I've made a performance breakthrough, then for some reason the ideal setting for either of the z-buffer options menus in GEM changes for no reason and I have to try all the combinations again to get back the performance.

While not performance related, it's worth mentioning here for any that have the problem that my menu flickering was solved by forcing the "buffer-flipping mode" to "OGL_FORCE_BLIT_ON" in nvidia inspector.

#29 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 06:01 PM

View Postbingo, on Jan 16 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

I'm having fps issues, but only on the heavy tracks. I guess it can't be helped at this point. 30fps and stuttery on Spa67 with the new Sports Cars, ~40-50 with other mods.

Have you tried to use:
- Low Resolution Texture Pack: Smaller textures for older PCs.
- LITE 3D Pack: Fewer objects and shorter draw distances, for older PCs.

Have you tried the 4 GB Patch if you are using a x64 (64-bit) PC system with at least 4 GB RAM (virtual memory)?

>>> http://spa67.gplworld.de/ <<<

-------------------------------------------------

View Postbingo, on Jan 16 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

While not performance related, it's worth mentioning here for any that have the problem that my menu flickering was solved by forcing the "buffer-flipping mode" to "OGL_FORCE_BLIT_ON" in nvidia inspector.

Thx! I have never tried this setting. I will give it a try. :)

:wave:

Edited by Stefan Roess, Jan 16 2019 - 06:05 PM.

#30 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 3,070 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 07:35 PM

Ok, back tomorrow again. Can't find DDM anywhere, but it's got to be there somewhere. If I enable pribluda or shut it from GEM+, DDM dash is still there....
Well, chase view (F10) shows the digital Display by default; it's an original feature of GPL.
Digital Display Modifier is a program that patches GPL.exe so it shows the same digital display also in cockpit view.
So, if you drive in chase view you will always see the digital display, no way to change that. ;)
That's probably why Bob notice a drop in FPS in chase view.

If you actually have a GPL.exe that has been modified by Digital display Modifier to show the digital Display in cockpit view, then to get rid of that you need to open the program DigiDisp.exe and select Analogue Meters Only as option in Display Mode.

BTW I use DDM  on a D3Dv2 raster and have no issues at all while pribluda drops the FPS and makes GPL unplayable.

#31 Roger_F

Roger_F

Fiero NStar V8

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 08:16 PM

View Postgliebzeit, on Jan 16 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

Roger, I had to manually point the Nvidia Control Panel at each of the installed GPL exe files ... and then made the individual Program Settings entries.  :)

By the way, I operate under the theory "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It".  So, I am using graphics driver version 354.35.  ;)

I do not run any other "games" than GPL.

Greg,
I followed your initial suggestion and got all my GPL mods loaded in the NVIDIA control panel ... once again thanks!

The "Geforce Experience" program was another part of the new NVIDIA upgrade and it still doesn't think GPL is a game?  This program seems to monitor your game play and makes suggestions for better game performance.  All this new technology and no real help; I guess a 20 year old game is not worth the effort.  And how old is the game of Chess?

Thanks again,

Roger

#32 Tormentor

Tormentor

Pedro Rodriquez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted Jan 17 2019 - 05:23 AM

DDM is not a windows programm, its a tool that enables or disables stuff inside the gpl.exe. Go to this thread -> http://srmz.net/inde...48
download DDm 201.7z. Unzip the zip file, open DigiDisp.exe inside and point it to you gpl.exe. Change from didital meters reading to analog meters reading, save the gpl.exe file and your done. DDM unpatched. Give it a try.

#33 Roikki80

Roikki80

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted Jan 17 2019 - 09:43 AM

Ok, back again!

So, I drive cockpit view only. I have black boxes up and down the screen. Here is picture for you, is this dash DDM, pribluda or is it vanilla dash?
In this picture, I didn't have pribluda ebabled.

Attached Files

• Attached File  GPL.jpg   101K   31 downloads

Edited by Roikki80, Jan 17 2019 - 09:46 AM.

#34 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,389 posts

Posted Jan 17 2019 - 09:51 AM

Yes, if you had Pribluda, I'm pretty sure that the fuel remaining would be showing on the bottom right.

#35 Roikki80

Roikki80

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted Jan 17 2019 - 10:06 AM

So that is vanilla dash?!
In this picture Pribluda is not enabled and DDM is not installed.

Edited by Roikki80, Jan 17 2019 - 11:10 AM.

#36 PTRACER

PTRACER

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Motor racing

Posted Jan 17 2019 - 10:24 AM

Gem+ --> Rasterizer button --> Use Z-Buffer (only) plus below, Zbuffer with extreme grouping.

Solved all FPS problems for me on an expensive gaming rig. No need to use low quality texture packs or anything

Edited by PTRACER, Jan 17 2019 - 10:24 AM.

#37 Roikki80

Roikki80

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted Jan 17 2019 - 11:43 AM

Tried that z-buffer only and zbuffer with extreme grouping. No effects. I have at the moment in argentina track (buenos aires) with full grid about 30fps in start. And by the first few corners it slowly climbs to 34-36fps and stays there most of the time.
Couple of corners there that cause the fps to go back to 30fps but not under it. Installed 4gb patch, no effect.
When trying 60fps mods at the moment, I never get 60fps.
If I try changing NV settings, any tweaking there, I get under 20fps. If pribluda is on or off, it has no effect to fps.

Are those 60fps mods for multiplayer only btw? They screw AI.

Edited by Roikki80, Jan 17 2019 - 11:44 AM.

#38 Tormentor

Tormentor

Pedro Rodriquez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted Jan 17 2019 - 12:29 PM

Did you try what i posted above?

#39 Roikki80

Roikki80

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted Jan 17 2019 - 12:59 PM

Tormentor, yes! that removed the DDM! thanks man! So now more testing! Can you see your gear count any other way than DDM?
I don't have H-shifter at the moment. I have csl elite racing wheel + pedals with clutch but unfortunately not H-shifter, so it would be nice to see what gear is on any given moment.  
FPS is 35-36 without 60fps mod..so I guess it's good.

UPDATE: Now tried 60fpsaiv1 mod and tweaked ai speeds aswell..and now I have 55-60fps all the time, + competitive ai.
Thanks once again for you all! Great help and awesome community.
Back in business tomorrow. At the moment my feeling is that the DDM was the most faulty for bad fps.

Edited by Roikki80, Jan 17 2019 - 01:56 PM.

#40 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 17 2019 - 02:17 PM

Edit: Just read that you got it fixed. :)

"CPU is intel i7 4770 and gpu is msi geforce gtx 1070"

How much RAM do you have, 4 GB, 8 GB?

Anyway, with your system you shouldn't have any problem at all running GPL with 36 FPS and 60 FPS.

Are you sure there is not something else running in the background? Messenger, Skype, ... whatever.

Do you have any other race games installed? Do they run fine?

Did you already try to change the settings of the disable intel speedstep in GEM?

Edited by Stefan Roess, Jan 17 2019 - 02:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links