• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Roikki80

Roikki80

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Simracing, music listening, football,basketball...
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 10:12 AM

Hi!

Anyone else have horrible fps in game? I have smooth 14fps..occasionally almost 20...I have tried almost everything. Tweaked nvidia inspector like it's in the guide here. No help!
Lowering graphics settings..no help. Turning off other programs..no help. I have latest nvidia drivers 400+ something..
It's totally unplayable for me at the moment.

I guess I have to wait new driver update and hope it solves this.

#2 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 10:26 AM

Please give us PC specs CPU + GPU

Use OpenGLV2 rasterizer and don't forget to check "disable intel speed step" in GEM+ if intel CPU.

I have to set high GPU settings, else it does not switch in 3D mode!

#3 Roikki80

Roikki80

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 10:46 AM

Ok,

CPU is intel i7 4770 and gpu is msi geforce gtx 1070. Ok, and now like a gift from heaven..came new nvidia driver,so I installed it, deleted my gpl profile from nvidia inspector and started the game..and wow! 30fps at the moment.
Now I'll try that "disable intel speed step" from GEM+. Is the 36fps the goal here?

Now I disabled that speed step thing and tried, no difference. frames go from 20 to 36. It's better now but not like it's been.  Should I try that nvidia profile inspector and put in the settings from the guide?!?

Edited by Roikki80, Jan 15 2019 - 10:58 AM.

#4 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 11:22 AM

as Cookie says above "Use OpenGLV2"  huge difference!

#5 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 1,045 posts

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 11:33 AM

Your PC specs are all better than mine and I have not updated my NV driver for long time.
But 69X full grid in Spa67 stable 60fps...

Set energy of windoze to high performance, and use Stefans NV profile settings

#6 Roikki80

Roikki80

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 11:40 AM

I have only used OpenGLV2. Nothing else works for me.
I envy you now =)

Ok now I put on the high performance with win10 and also stefans profile in NV. After that I get solid 5fps. Then I tried 60fps mod and v-sync. After that this game won't start at all.
So no GPL for me at the moment.

Edited by Roikki80, Jan 15 2019 - 12:23 PM.

#7 TvO

TvO

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,046 posts
  • Interests:Unknown

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 12:25 PM

Disable anti aliasing

#8 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 12:32 PM

in your video card settings....

Attached Files

#9 Roikki80

Roikki80

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 01:07 PM

I already deleted my NV profile..Then I get 15-30fps, so little better. NV totally destroys my fps at the moment if I change something.
I tried those settings also Bo Bruce, but no success.

Edited by Roikki80, Jan 15 2019 - 01:13 PM.

#10 Tato

Tato

sinner, but simmer

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:GPL, Dirt Rally, watching real races, modeling

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 01:19 PM

Seems a lot like the problem I have had few months ago.
Asked here on the forum for help, but nothing (but many thanks to all have tried to help, of course!).
Tried everything and more, but nothing. Only disabling AA gave few improvement. I was quite desperate, fearing I can't drive GPL anymore.
After around a month, stable 36fps came back (I cross my fingers it will last), but no idea how and why. I suspect was due to a Windows update, but no idea at all. So I can't help. My only advice is to check if GEMP2.exe is still on 'run as administrator'; if not, enable it again, otherwise it may give some issues when running GPL.

Hope you will get rid of it quickly.

#11 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,389 posts

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 01:25 PM

GPL doesn't like to compete with other programs, so open Task manager > Details and make sure that you don't have anything running, like mail, updates or anything that might use sound resources, and make sure that your antivirus program isn't trying to do a scan.

Those specs should have no problem running GPL at full framerate.

#12 Roikki80

Roikki80

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 02:06 PM

Thank you all for helping me with my struggles =D!
That advice from Tato where GEM+ must be ran as an administrator helped me gain stable 35-36fps! Thanks!

There is still something wrong with my settings because I can't get stable 60fps from mod. I ran full grid with 60fps mod and for 1-2 first laps I was getting 20-50fps....and from 3lap on I got about 40-59fps. V-sync must be off from GEM+, otherwise it won't go past first menu screen. When I press green box in the very first screen, it just shows like its loading for a second and nothing happens so I can't go forward. Only going back to GEM+ and take off V-sync helps.

I'll come back tomorrow after work to struggle some more with this.

#13 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 1,045 posts

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 07:03 PM

Your hardware is overkill for GPL! It will fall asleep when you drive with low settings :zzzzz:
So my advice is to set highest AA 8x Supersample manually , AF to 16 and set all to high performance!

Use the OpenHardwareMonitor plot to see what your CPU and GPU is doing

Attached Files

• Attached File  HWM.jpg   185.17K   28 downloads

#14 Tormentor

Tormentor

Pedro Rodriquez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 12:09 AM

Roikki, i had exactly the same problems weeks ago. Ryzen 1700, GTX1060 and terrible FPS. Please do the following:

There is a tool called "gplinspect.exe", i found it in your gpl directory - ...:\Grand Prix Legends\GPL1967\repository\Tools
Double click and select the gpl.exe file (or gplc67 or whatever your exe is called)

Posted Image

Please check if this is deactivated. I had 10-15 FPS with DDM activated and NOTHING helped. I was in the same situation like you and tried everything what you read in this thread without success. I had to take a fresh unpatched gpl.exe and patch it with teamfix, carsound, gplshift and so on by myself and NO DDM!! With DDM deactivated i can run GPL with highest settings (Stefans settings) and have rocked stable 36 FPS everywhere, in evyry mod on every track.

Give it a try.

#15 Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:racing :)
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 03:46 AM

Digital Display Modifier could be the problem. At least when I had Pribluda AND Digital Display Modifier activated at the same time the FPS were horrible.

Edit: Do you have FPS problems with Rasterizer D3D v2? Then it might be worth trying Open GL v2. It helped for example Roo, he went from 24fps in the pits at spa67 to a solid 60fps all around the track.

As so many (to my surprise) refere to my high resolution "hardcore" graphics settings here is the link to them:
http://srmz.net/inde...=40#entry134359

:wave:

Edited by Stefan Roess, Jan 16 2019 - 04:01 AM.

#16 Roger_F

Roger_F

Fiero NStar V8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Classic Sports Cars

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 08:52 AM

The newest full body Mods (e.g. 1967 SCX) and some of the latest tracks (e.g. Spa67) are putting new demands on some of our older computers / gaming rigs.

I recently added a Samsung 1 TB SSD (resulted in much reduced loading times in GEM +), a MSI 1050 TI gaming GPU, a new 25 inch ACER gaming monitor, and overclocked my old I7 920 CPU by 30%.  The net result is quite dramatic.  I also installed the latest nvidia GPU drivers.  After much experimenting I am back to the original default settings on the Nvidia control panel.  Everything I tried in the way of 3D setting changes had minimal effect or a noticeable decline in FPS.  The standard settings are much better for general gaming and rely a lot on game requested settings.  I run every GPL Mod at 1920 X 1080 and a 60FPS setting.

I run CPUID HWMONITOR in the backgroud when testing.  The max utilization scores for my overclocked CPU and new GPU are in the 90% range for single cell CPU usage and my new GPU is at most 85% utilized.  Long story short, I doubt your GPU driver is the problem and you may want to try the standard 3D settings on the Nvidia control center.  I use Open GL v2 (much better fps than D3D v2), Pribluda, AND NO Digital Display Modifier.  The worst fps is above 30fps with me at the back of a 19 car SCX grid at the start of a race at Spa67 (full version).   Once the race starts I'm at 55 to 60 fps for the rest of the race.

GPL is frustrating as it does not take advantage of multi core threaded CPUs like the I7.  Customising your rig for GPL alone will negatively impact other gaming programs, for the most part the trade off does not seem to be worth the effort.

Good luck on your quest: trying GPL with Open GL v2, no pribluda, no DDM, and a full 1080p display (if your monitor can handle it) seems like a good place to start.  Let us know of your progress, we are all in a learning mode.

Roger

Edited by Roger_F, Jan 16 2019 - 09:04 AM.

#17 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 1,045 posts

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 11:15 AM

View PostRoger_F, on Jan 16 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

GPL is frustrating as it does not take advantage of multi core threaded CPUs like the I7.  Customising your rig for GPL alone will negatively impact other gaming programs, for the most part the trade off does not seem to be worth the effort.

My i5 does run more than 1 core in GPL and when you use an NV gplxxx.exe profile, all othes games are not affected!

My actual pc just tested (SCX at Albi) :

Attached Files

Edited by Cookie, Jan 16 2019 - 11:18 AM.

#18 Roikki80

Roikki80

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 11:30 AM

Ok, now I'm back again. It seems I have DDM on always, even if I don't have it available in GEM+. I can't find DDM in any folders or files in my whole gpl directories.. even the gpl patch inspector (as showed above) doesn't have that digital display modifier line at all in my case. BUT funny thing is, when I start playing the DDM is on!
How do I go to windows10 registry to find out if there is the uninstall option?!? At the moment it feels like the DDM is "baked" in my game..
Also, now when I start GEM+ as an administrator I get solid 36ish fps with full grid with no pribluda on(DDM is). I have a full 1080p display on also.

Tried Stefans hardcore settings and it didn't work. Got like 2fps. Once again deleted the NV profile and launched game..36fps.
I'm starting to think if I have to do a complete re-install. But also I need to find out where DDM is installed or where it's registry is so I could uninstall it properly.

And thanks again you all for great advice!

Edited by Roikki80, Jan 16 2019 - 12:13 PM.

#19 Roger_F

Roger_F

Fiero NStar V8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Classic Sports Cars

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 12:38 PM

View PostCookie, on Jan 16 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

My i5 does run more than 1 core in GPL and when you use an NV gplxxx.exe profile, all othes games are not affected!

My actual pc just tested (SCX at Albi) :

Axel,

All four cores register activity but one core seems to dominate ... this may be partially due to the "turbo" option which I still have activated?   On the programming option in NVIDIA  control panel ... for some reason, all my gpl mods do not appear as an option in the separate programming section.  I have every GPL Mod as a separate installation and none of them appear; not sure why this is but it precludes a separate set of 3D specs for each or all GPL Mods?

Any thoughts as to why and what to try?

Roger

#20 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 12:49 PM

Hmmm... I have all of my separate installs and exe files setup as unique settings ... although they are all the same.  ;)

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links