#2 Rudy Dingemans

Rudy Dingemans

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jul 19 2010 - 01:30 PM

Mid-Ohio in VLM guise has grown to be one of my favorite tracks in rF (I drive mostly smaller historical cars like Formula Ford, Formula Vee, HistoriX Minis and Caterhams).

Currently, imho it's one of the best tracks for any sim, period. Nice to drive, but it's especially the real life-like vibe it gives off - feels like you're driving on a *real* track instead of a virtual one.  :hat-tip:

It's one of the few tracks that approaches iRacing quality despite not actually being from iRacing.  :clap2:   And it'll have to be one of the few rF tracks where I have to say: GPL tracks can't really touch this. Most trackmakers don't make full use of the better gfx options of rFactor, but this one does.

Its only drawback to me is that it's rather heavy on the fps on my 2 GHz Core2Duo Mac mini (I run it directly on Mac OS X thru CrossOver Games). Had to reduce the draw distances and number of objects a bit, but it works OK now. Overall, I can't think of many tracks on any sim that feel much better, as far as real-life tracks go.

Regards, Rudy
(GPLRank: -40)

Edited by Rudy Dingemans, Jul 19 2010 - 01:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links