13 replies to this topic

#1 mysterion

mysterion

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Dec 24 2017 - 01:18 PM

GPL running and looking great in training but as the title says I can't seem to access Single Race after installing GPL 67 Patch v1.3 (I'm using GEM+).

The initial 67 intro screen loads and shows "Single Race" but clicking into this just brings me to "Training". Changing  cars or tracks makes no difference.

(Running the original GPL.exe separate from GEM allows me to access single race as normal but obviously this has limited use).

Am I missing some trick re the seasons?

Any help appreciated!

#2 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Simracing, Music
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 24 2017 - 01:41 PM

Do you have 60fps patch activated?

#3 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Dec 24 2017 - 08:34 PM

So I understand this correctly, from the main menu when it says single race on the bottom you click the green button on the bottom right. That takes you track selection and the track selection is the practice version not the race one.

I'm a bit puzzled by this because using the wrong fps patch shouldn't allow you do go beyond the main screen.

#4 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Dec 26 2017 - 12:46 PM

It's always a good idea to install GPL with the installer. It will be all patched up and you won't run into these problems.

#5 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Dec 26 2017 - 12:52 PM

View PostMichkov, on Dec 24 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

So I understand this correctly, from the main menu when it says single race on the bottom you click the green button on the bottom right. That takes you track selection and the track selection is the practice version not the race one.

No.
Training will bring you to track selection.  When you select a track you will be the only car on-track for practice / training
Single Race will bring you to track selection.  When you select a track  you will have practice session(s) / qualy and race against the AI at a single race on that track
Championship will bring you to track selection where you can start or continue a Championship Season of the tracks in that Mod.

Edited by gliebzeit, Dec 26 2017 - 12:53 PM.

#6 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Dec 26 2017 - 04:06 PM

View Postgliebzeit, on Dec 26 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

View PostMichkov, on Dec 24 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

No.
Training will bring you to track selection.  When you select a track you will be the only car on-track for practice / training
Single Race will bring you to track selection.  When you select a track  you will have practice session(s) / qualy and race against the AI at a single race on that track
Championship will bring you to track selection where you can start or continue a Championship Season of the tracks in that Mod.

LOL, I know that. I'm trying to understand the problem Mysterion is having, because I never heard of it occurring.

#7 Millennium

Millennium

Roger Williamson

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Dec 26 2017 - 05:02 PM

I remember having the same result a while ago when I was messing with some AI files.

Could it be that a drvc67.ini or driver.ini file is corrupted/renamed/missing? That also causes the game to always go into a Training session.

Edited by Millennium, Dec 26 2017 - 05:04 PM.

#8 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Dec 26 2017 - 05:14 PM

View PostMillennium, on Dec 26 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

I remember having the same result a while ago when I was messing with some AI files.

Could it be that a drvc67.ini or driver.ini file is corrupted/renamed/missing? That also causes the game to always go into a Training session.

That is the most likely issue - an incorrect (for a Mod) or corrupted driver file.

#9 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 3,515 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting

Posted Dec 26 2017 - 05:32 PM

He said he has the problem since installing a patch. I'd look there.

#10 Millennium

Millennium

Roger Williamson

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Dec 27 2017 - 08:09 AM

It could be that the patch changed the driver.ini files or renamed them as a sort of backup.

#11 mysterion

mysterion

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Dec 31 2017 - 06:58 AM

Apologies for radio silence folks, I've been laid low with a flu.

Thanks all for your input - particularly @Michkov - for your suggestion re the 60fps versions. I seem to have 3 installed. Selecting the "60fps_newmod" fixed the issue completely and I can now access the race with 1.3 patch installed.

Thanks again

#12 mysterion

mysterion

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Dec 31 2017 - 12:11 PM

Update - it seems I spoke too soon and the issue just got weirder... while I can now get into "Single Race" and actually complete a race...but the AI are now really slow / or are using a different car. In Spa, starting from the back -  I can overtake the entire field from the back by Les Combes! I've attached the qualifying times to show the issue.

Needless to say I've lowered the AI values in GEM and tried setting them to 0. No difference.

In response to other suggestions I've looked at both the drvc67.ini and driver.ini files and they seem fine and their modifications dates are quite old so they don't appear to be the issue.

It really seems like I'm racing one car and the AI are racing another. Is that even possible in GPL?

**** UPDATE****
So I just found this thread: http://srmz.net/inde...4&hl=+too +slow

Apparently 60FPS with AI is not doable.
I'm gutted- racing using 30FPS is like a strobe light in comparison!

Attached Files

Edited by mysterion, Dec 31 2017 - 12:22 PM.

#13 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Dec 31 2017 - 12:45 PM

To race against AI with 60fps you must use the 60fpsaiV1 patch, this makes it a bit better...
IMO Lee's " 78Av2 Pressure Bug Fix.xml" helps too to get it better, but the AI's are still no real competition like real driver.

PS

I do online racing and use the AI-Race mode only to test my PC...
But after activating the Pressure Bug Fix I had the feeling the AI's behave better ;)

Edited by Cookie, Dec 31 2017 - 12:50 PM.

#14 mysterion

mysterion

Chris Irwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted Jan 01 2018 - 06:22 AM

Ok Axel - thanks for that - I'll give it a try

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links