quico

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:GPL & GTL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 31 2019 - 05:11 AM

I had an old 3DSimEd version when learning at the very beggining, but when I started the Jarama I bought the program. It's not perfect, but very useful and is the one I use for 3do files and tools like that for missing textures or 3dos are necesary.

When hsv file is shorter than track, aren't final sections in black?

#482 quico

quico

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted Jun 29 2019 - 09:54 AM

I got to a point where I had 3 complicated problems to solve, and I was saturated after 3 years working on the track. I've rested for almost a year and I'm back with it, and the first job I'm doing is the ads on the fences along the track.

Attached File  099.jpg   28.89K   31 downloads

The ads have to match the inclination of the track, and for that is the 8th value of the lines of the TSO file, but it only works for me in 10-15% of cases. Is it my fault or is it not working well?
I'm doing diferent 3dos for places with diferent inclination, but would be better not to duplicate them...

#483 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 3,027 posts
  • Interests:Mountain

Posted Jun 29 2019 - 10:03 AM

If you use objl or objf  as first value, it usually doesn't work.
if you use obj, it should work all the time.
PS: if you don't do it already, use 3dsimed to check your result and fine tune it.

#484 quico

quico

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted Jun 29 2019 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for answer so quicky.

Unfortunately, I need  the "objl". The difference can be seen here:

Attached File  delante0.jpg   25.24K   24 downloadsAttached File  delante1.jpg   25.1K   27 downloads

The good thing is that there are only a little amount of ads in slopes that must be inclined.

Despite the use of "objl", backwards is almost impossible to get a no corrupted view.

Attached File  atras1.jpg   23.8K   20 downloads

Is there any trick to avoid the intrusion of the fences? Am I missing something?

#485 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 3,027 posts

Posted Jun 29 2019 - 03:13 PM

Depends on how you built your track :)
That usually happens if the 3do crosses  or even only touches a vertical wall.

If you are trying to apply a 3do in a curved section, you can divide the single object into smaller ones that together make the whole object.
Every single smaller object must fit into one single subsection that you can see very well in 3dsimed.
I usually then use scaled down 3dos in the build folder so they are easier to place inside a subsection when compiling; then in GPL folder I use 3dos that can touch or even cross the subsection and that does not matter since the track.3DO has been compiled with 3dos that fit in their own single subsection.
Is this in some ways understandable to you? :unsure:

Sometimes is just easier to draw a texture to be used in the GTK that covers the whole section (unk4= 8) with the ads you want painted on top of the fence.

#486 quico

quico

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted Jun 29 2019 - 04:11 PM

Thanks Ginetto,

I began to think about divide an ads but it was an inclined one, wich makes the job little more difficult. I keep the ads without crossing any wall, but transversal lines are another question.

It has no sense to make anything now, as there must be all the ads in place and in final size and then see what is needed as now are continuously moving.... I'll keep in mind all what you say. Thanks again!

Edited by quico, Jun 29 2019 - 04:12 PM.

#487 quico

quico

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted Jun 30 2019 - 03:54 AM

View Postginetto, on Jun 29 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

I usually then use scaled down 3dos in the build folder so they are easier to place inside a subsection when compiling; then in GPL folder I use 3dos that can touch or even cross the subsection and that does not matter since the track.3DO has been compiled with 3dos that fit in their own single subsection.
Is this in some ways understandable to you? :unsure:

I understand that you have a scaled 3do to build the track.3do, and a big one in the gpl track folder??? Yesterday I didn't realize what you mean (if I'm right, as my english is so unsafe). Cheating GPL!!! :clap2:

#488 ginetto

ginetto

GPL track editor

• Administrators
  • 3,027 posts

Posted Jun 30 2019 - 07:14 AM

Yes; you have a 3do that fits or is a little bigger than the section in the track folder.
Then another one that is shorter so it fits safely in the section (or subsection for the curved sections) to cheat the compiling program in the folder that you use to compile the track.3DO :)

In this way I did for example the Les Combes barrier; made of many little 3do objects with collision (everyone sitting in their subsection) instead of a single one that would have clip everywhere. You can check that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links