Fiero NStar V8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Classic Sports Cars
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 17 2019 - 09:07 PM

View Postginetto, on Jan 16 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

Well, chase view (F10) shows the digital Display by default; it's an original feature of GPL.
Digital Display Modifier is a program that patches GPL.exe so it shows the same digital display also in cockpit view.
So, if you drive in chase view you will always see the digital display, no way to change that. ;)
That's probably why Bob notice a drop in FPS in chase view.

If you actually have a GPL.exe that has been modified by Digital display Modifier to show the digital Display in cockpit view, then to get rid of that you need to open the program DigiDisp.exe and select Analogue Meters Only as option in Display Mode.

BTW I use DDM  on a D3Dv2 raster and have no issues at all while pribluda drops the FPS and makes GPL unplayable.

I read Ginetto's comments with great interest.  I also read everything in addition to this thread on GPL FPS issues that I could find.  The bottom line seems to be everybody is probably right or nearly right given their gaming rig, 3D settings, and various driver packages.  Changing GPU drivers can have an impact on FPS due to the way data is handled.  The combination of settings used in GEM + and your GPU control panel will also impact GPL FPS.  DDM and Pribluda have different impacts on Open GL and D3Dv2 ... and the list of intricate combinations goes on and on.

Just as a lark, I tried Ginetto's  
DDM and D3Dv2 raster combination and with a little fiddling, I got it  to work better than the OpenGL v2 and the other specs that I was previously using?  Go figure!

The bottom line is that I hope all of you find a combination that works for you and I am very grateful that we have so many learned contributors that support our beloved GPL game.  This has been a very interesting and informative topic ... thank you one and all.

Roger

#42 SV3000

SV3000

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:all kinds of racing games
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Jan 17 2019 - 11:43 PM

My experience is similar. DDM has always been a FPS killer for several of my computers so I always avoid it now (I do recall DDM worked fine on ancient PC many many years ago, but it seems no more on modern PC). Pribluda works great on Openglv2 for me, yet big FPS decreasing/lag on Direct3D7v2.

Just a small tip, if anyone find their original gpl.exe was modified in some way and couldn't revert it back, you can use this All-In-One Patch V2 to get the official patched gpl.exe back.
(you don't have to install "All-In-One Patch V2" into your game folder, just install the patch in a temporary folder, then copy gpl.exe to your game folder to override the old one.)

#43 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 920 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Jan 18 2019 - 04:32 AM

Maybe we can have a snapshot what is seen on the screen ;)

Just another idea:
GPL is DX7, I allways have installed the "DX9 0610" pack of MS wich contains all previous DX files, no idea what W10 makes with DX7...

#44 Roikki80

Roikki80

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Simracing, music listening, football,basketball...
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Jan 18 2019 - 09:59 AM

View PostStefan Roess, on Jan 17 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

Edit: Just read that you got it fixed. :)

"CPU is intel i7 4770 and gpu is msi geforce gtx 1070"

How much RAM do you have, 4 GB, 8 GB?

Anyway, with your system you shouldn't have any problem at all running GPL with 36 FPS and 60 FPS.

Are you sure there is not something else running in the background? Messenger, Skype, ... whatever.

Do you have any other race games installed? Do they run fine?

Did you already try to change the settings of the disable intel speedstep in GEM?

I have 16gb ram. I race iracing, rfactors, assetto, automobilista etc. They all work fine, very fine. Backround programs didn't have any impact on fps, I tested a lot of it, if there was particular program to be found, but no.

Edited by Roikki80, Jan 18 2019 - 11:58 AM.

#45 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,204 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Jan 18 2019 - 10:45 AM

Roikki80, go to Post #2 in this Topic that I've linked and read my description of the 4GB Patch for older games, like GPL. :)

http://srmz.net/inde...tch#entry130961

Edited by gliebzeit, Jan 19 2019 - 03:12 PM.

#46 Roikki80

Roikki80

Mike Spence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Simracing, music listening, football,basketball...
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Jan 19 2019 - 01:51 PM

View Postgliebzeit, on Jan 18 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Roikki80, go to Post #2 in this Topic and read my description of the 4GB Patch for older games, like GPL. :)

http://srmz.net/inde...tch#entry130961

Thanks! Now this is working again well. In my case, I noticed biggest problems were DDM and starting GEM+ without starting it as a administrator.  
Now I have another problem, I have "old" fanatec csr h-shifter..How to get it working?
Should this problem be in it's own topic?

Edited by Roikki80, Jan 19 2019 - 02:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links