• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 01 2018 - 06:31 PM

i have GPL/driver 'names' for me as driver, for each of the different mods. but since i can't load a couple of them i thought i might as well delete them, and the driver.
but since i see the name in GEM and GPL and my win10 folder, i wonder if there's a required order in which they get deleted?
does it matter?
can i just go to win10 /gpl and delete the names/mod?
what about deleting them in gplSecrets? will deleting them from the game screen of GPL (where new drivers are created, there is a 'delete' option) delete all reference to the drivers?

i am hesitant to delete in some manner that corrupts GEM next time i load GEM :P
thanks!

#2 Lee200

Lee200

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted Feb 02 2018 - 06:54 AM

Bo, AFAIK GEM+ merely reads the existing player name directories inside your GPL player directory.  So when you delete a player from within GPL, GEM+ won't ever use it again and is not affected itself.

#3 paul skingley

paul skingley

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted Feb 02 2018 - 09:49 AM

Even though you delete a player in GPL you will find the player folder is still there in "players"

So after deleting the player in game go to players folder and remove what is left of the player.

Paul

#4 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)

Posted Feb 02 2018 - 01:46 PM

thank you both!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links