Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 07 2017 - 07:54 AM

If you're celebrating the 67 cars. You can also run the other 67 mods. F2 and Sportscars.

#17 Splaywheeler

Splaywheeler

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:simracing and motorsport

Posted Jan 12 2017 - 07:37 AM

Thanks to all for the help and advice, plus pointing us at the "conversion files" etc.

With the help of Axel Cookie a fellow UKGPL'er ( also known to appear in other leagues ), it looks like we have a reversed 67 season of racing ready to go.

A few volunteers are crash testing the installation procedure via GEM and the stability of the track files. I am assuming that as they are the original Papyrus tracks there should be no issues. In principle we now have the means to reverse any add-on track and include it in a Reverse.ini season folder in GEM.

Within a few days we should have proved the initial 11 track season, and will release it to the UKGPL members and I will add a link here for anyone interested.

The proposed racing season for this series starts in about 2 weeks time and will involve the 67 F2's, 69x and 66 CAn Ams on various reversed circuits. Registration and full details are open over at UKGPL on SROU   http://www.simracing...1&topic=14247.0 for anyone who wishes to join in the fun.

#18 Splaywheeler

Splaywheeler

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:simracing and motorsport

Posted Jan 17 2017 - 02:35 PM

As promised here are the reversed Papyrus track files and the Season.ini file to make it all work through GEM.

Huge thanks to those who helped with the rapid testing of the finished article, and to Axel for nailing it all together into a single folder. It might have been my crazy idea initially, but it would not have happened without a lot of help from a lot of people.

There are one or two graphic glitches where trees etc are seen from the "wrong side". But as these are mostly around Gnirgrubrun ( Nurburgring) where concentration on the track is somewhat essential when racing, they do not detract from the fun.
UKGPL are running a Special Season of reversed races starting in approx 2 weeks. If you want to give these tracks a try please register over at SROU and UKGPL.

Download  the folder here     https://www.sendspace.com/file/p4hs1z

Navigate to wherever you have your GPL installed
and
Place the tracks in your \GPL\tracks folder ( the new reversed names will not affect the current standard tracks)

Place the  RVSEASON.ini file into the GPL\SEASONS folder.
then
Start GEM,  
select the RVSEASON in the "SEASONS" drop down
select the required Carset
select whichever reversed track you want to try.

Have some fun.

#19 Millennium

Millennium

Roger Williamson

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Nov 16 2017 - 01:22 PM

Download link is dead, any chance for a re-upload? I'd love to try this.

#20 Cookie

Cookie

Chris Amon Fan

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Historic Motorsport, F1, MotoGP

Posted Nov 30 2017 - 06:03 AM

UKGPL did a whole race series on the reversed original tracks in the S31 special series,
we used a little program revTrack that did the job:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/3jtm9m

#21 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, chess, classical music(piano concetos), computers, firearms, modern military history, motor racing, racing sims.
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Nov 30 2017 - 05:50 PM

And as a participant in the UKGPL series that Cookie mentions above, I think that I can speak for all involved when I say that it was a real hoot.  :)

A number of mods were used including 69X and CanAm66.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links