• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 07 2020 - 02:21 PM

situation has been remedied.. had a techie do a remote and from what i remember of his key strokes was he  went to the same place (vid card settings)  and changed (like you said) the 'preforming scaling on'
but ALSO the 2d button down "select scale mode" ...to full screen.. and tho i now see a resolution change as the screen changes from desktop/GEM to GPL (never did before) i can accept that as GPL itself now runs using the Dvi cable :)

sorry for being so dense with your explanations..  it seems this stuff could be soooo much simpler, but 'new this' and 'new that' no longer works with this/that and one thing leads to another til i start stressing.

i do have a 16:9 monitor running 1920/1280 and didn't have any issues with side bars (using VGA connx)  and a new card wasn't all that different (to my mind) from 650 to 1050 ... so i thought all settings would be same :P  silly me :D

thanks for your help!
i just needed more - some due to misunderstanding, and some just because i am not very good with this stuff :P

see my screen shot for what i'm referring to>

Attached Files

#22 Saiph

Saiph

Still driving 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 2,073 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. simulations, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Feb 08 2020 - 04:37 AM

Sometimes it seems that with increasing technology, and with the increasing capabilities of flat-screen monitors and graphics cards, we've ended up with too many options! :rolleyes:

#23 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:racing... baseball...military history... reading too much to specify everything :)

Posted Feb 08 2020 - 02:59 PM

so  a new problem today, after prob's addressed yesterday.
today, online practice was fine.
the league i run, saved the replay.
to check replay it loaded, but the mouse had no interaction w/ the replay buttons/arrows.  keyboard input did work, but what a pain.

so i gave up, went to do online practice and CRAP! now my view in car is zoomed in to the upper left corner! i can see the left front tire ~ car is offset.
i didn't install any new drivers, and did not mess with the settings after they were 'fixed' yesterday.

there are no black side bars on any load screen now

WAIT A SECOND! i just looked at the attached screenshot to verify it was what i see, and NO! it looks as it is supposed to ???/
it s not what i see on my monitor- how can that be?

below is image of monitor IN game w/ camera:

Attached Files

#24 ed76

ed76

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted Feb 08 2020 - 03:38 PM

look at my 1st post, I too did not have the same image on my screen as the capture made with Fraps
it's simple, GPL gives you a correct image which corresponds to the screenshot but this image is shifted on the screen so you do not see it entirely

#25 ed76

ed76

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted Feb 08 2020 - 03:43 PM

imagine that you are an elliptical monitor, you would see (a) but if you took a screenshot you would have b

Attached Files

Edited by ed76, Feb 08 2020 - 03:44 PM.

#26 ed76

ed76

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted Feb 09 2020 - 05:16 AM

yesterday there was an update for Win 10 and it changed the way I have to adjust GPL
right clic on exe (for all the new mods)
click on property
then :

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   142.47K   21 downloads

#27 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted Feb 09 2020 - 11:21 AM

View Posted76, on Feb 09 2020 - 05:16 AM, said:

yesterday there was an update for Win 10 and it changed the way I have to adjust GPL
right clic on exe (for all the new mods)
click on property
then :

so what is the result, and what happens if you don't check this PPP ?

#28 ed76

ed76

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted Feb 09 2020 - 12:26 PM

View PostM Needforspeed, on Feb 09 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

so what is the result, and what happens if you don't check this PPP ?

same as in the 1st post

another solution is to remove the .exe and redo them with GEM, it seems to work (almost always)

Edited by ed76, Feb 09 2020 - 12:28 PM.

#29 Bo Bruce

Bo Bruce

oAo Admin

• Administrators
  • 484 posts

Posted Feb 09 2020 - 02:01 PM

i'm back to normal.....  thanks to michkov..... who in looking at my screen shots, saw and then asked "do you have 2 monitors?"  
the situation is, with the new vid card (nvidea GTX 1050 Ti) it has 2 ports. once a year i will hook the PC to the TV for a sporting event - but i had been using a splitter cable on that day.

with 2 ports, i was able to hook the monitor up (Dvi) and attached a HDMI/vga adapter to the card for use later.. not attached to anything. Michkov said even tho its not connected, the card KNOWS, and had me disconnect it.... that was all it took ~!  and the 'zoom' issue and replay buttons and my heart rate are all back to normal

if anyone has any questions, i'd be happy to answer - in fact i've asked Michkov to read this, and let me know if it needs editing should i have forgotten something critical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links