Jump to content


- - - - -

New GEM Package ready


  • Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#46 robin_j

robin_j

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brisbane, Australia
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 28 2009 - 11:20 PM

Thanks Craig, you might be right

#47 322Rob

322Rob

    Guy Ligier

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 02 2009 - 10:24 AM

Hello everyone.
I'm trying to get setupmanager 1.1.5 to work through GEM+ 2.5.32, with no succes.
I was previously using setupmanager 1.0
I placed 1.1.5 in the GPL secrets folder (removed 1.0) and when I start it from there it works, after I point it to the GPL.exe file. When I load a '65 setup I get the choice to pick the year and the setup loads.
What doesn't work is when I try to get in 1.1.5 when in GEM+. When I hit the edit button nothing happens. When I remove 1.1.5 and put 1.0 back the edit button works fine again.
Did I miss something or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help!
322Rob

#48 miklkit

miklkit

    airhead

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:left coast, U.S.A.
  • Interests:GPL
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 02 2009 - 10:46 AM

The latest version of GPL Setup Manager is V1.1.6.  Maybe it will work better.

Look into the link in post #42.

Edited by miklkit, Nov 02 2009 - 11:19 AM.


#49 322Rob

322Rob

    Guy Ligier

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 02 2009 - 02:22 PM

Thank's for the reply!
I DL'd the V1.1.6., which seems to be an .EXE file, and dropped it in the GPLSM folder in GPL secrets replacing the previous one.
The GPLSM works like it did before if I start it up from within GPL secrets, but the EDIT button in GEM+ still won't launch the GPLSM 1.1.6. like it used to launch v1.0.
Any suggestions?

#50 Lee200

Lee200

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 02 2009 - 02:35 PM

View Post322Rob, on Nov 2 2009, 02:22 PM, said:

Thank's for the reply!
I DL'd the V1.1.6., which seems to be an .EXE file, and dropped it in the GPLSM folder in GPL secrets replacing the previous one.
The GPLSM works like it did before if I start it up from within GPL secrets, but the EDIT button in GEM+ still won't launch the GPLSM 1.1.6. like it used to launch v1.0.
Any suggestions?

Open GEM+, select the Configure button, select the "Path to Setup Manager" button (button under Path WinVROC), then point GEM+ to Setup Manager v1.1.6 .exe; where ever you have it.

Lee

#51 322Rob

322Rob

    Guy Ligier

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 03 2009 - 10:27 AM

Thank you!
That makes sense. I already looked in the configurator but didn't know what GRE was.
So I just did what you explained and it still won't work. But don't worry, I'll figure it out somehow. In the meantime I'll use the shortcut to GPLSM I put on my desktop.

Cheers,
322Rob

#52 Bernd Nowak

Bernd Nowak

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 18 2010 - 02:05 PM

We have updated the package to gem 2.5.32, setup manager 1.1.6, iGor and winvroc.

#53 dangermouse

dangermouse

    The mobile chicane

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SRMZ/GPLR London, UK
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 19 2010 - 05:36 AM

View PostBernd Nowak, on Jan 18 2010 - 02:05 PM, said:

We have updated the package to gem 2.5.32, setup manager 1.1.6, iGor and winvroc.
:hippo1: :yahoo: :yeah:  :clap: :punk:  



   :cheers:

#54 mouse

mouse

    "Titan del drink"

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South America
  • Interests:Stock Car racing
    Whelen Modifieds
    Club The Strongest
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 19 2010 - 10:51 AM

:clap: Excellent news. Great job Bernd!

:bigclap:  :bigclap:  :bigclap:

#55 ezechiel47

ezechiel47

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Feb 28 2010 - 02:22 PM

Thank you for all your job !

Ez

PS : in some previous versions of GEM, it was posible to attribute some different engine sound file to each car through the carset menu. It seems its no more possible. Do you confirm or is there anything wrong with my install ?

#56 Ken

Ken

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Mar 01 2010 - 02:12 AM

View Postezechiel47, on Feb 28 2010 - 02:22 PM, said:

Thank you for all your job !

Ez

PS : in some previous versions of GEM, it was posible to attribute some different engine sound file to each car through the carset menu. It seems its no more possible. Do you confirm or is there anything wrong with my install ?

I can't ever remember that feature to be honest.

#57 ezechiel47

ezechiel47

    Denny Hulme

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 03 2010 - 11:26 AM

View PostKen, on Mar 01 2010 - 02:12 AM, said:

View Postezechiel47, on Feb 28 2010 - 02:22 PM, said:

Thank you for all your job !

Ez

PS : in some previous versions of GEM, it was posible to attribute some different engine sound file to each car through the carset menu. It seems its no more possible. Do you confirm or is there anything wrong with my install ?

I can't ever remember that feature to be honest.

It was a kind option. We could change the sound through GEM without having to rename the sound file in the sound folder.
Thanks for the reply.

Ez

#58 Ken

Ken

    Denny Hulme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Mar 03 2010 - 11:35 AM

View Postezechiel47, on Mar 03 2010 - 11:26 AM, said:

View PostKen, on Mar 01 2010 - 02:12 AM, said:

View Postezechiel47, on Feb 28 2010 - 02:22 PM, said:

Thank you for all your job !

Ez

PS : in some previous versions of GEM, it was posible to attribute some different engine sound file to each car through the carset menu. It seems its no more possible. Do you confirm or is there anything wrong with my install ?

I can't ever remember that feature to be honest.

It was a kind option. We could change the sound through GEM without having to rename the sound file in the sound folder.
Thanks for the reply.

Ez

Yes, that would be great, but the only programme I know of designed for that was GPL Soundplayer. Unless my memory is letting me down again!!

Fred Simms Car Changer can be setup to change sounds when you change certain skins, but you have to put sound files in the car folders to set it up like that. Quite handy though.

#59 Ferdinand Sommereder

Ferdinand Sommereder

    John Love

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 04 2010 - 06:26 AM

Well, I think Paul Skingley answered to that question already once in a thread about the 67-patch informing that this feature is no longer available. I may be totally wrong, however.

I have not used the GPL soundplayer for ages. Isn't this tool simply for comparing sounds?

I notice I am getting old.  :rolleyes:

:wave:
Ferdinand

#60 BLY

BLY

    Jochen Rindt

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Solitude
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Mar 04 2010 - 07:46 AM

View PostFerdinand Sommereder, on Mar 04 2010 - 06:26 AM, said:

Well, I think Paul Skingley answered to that question already once in a thread about the 67-patch informing that this feature is no longer available. I may be totally wrong, however.

I have not used the GPL soundplayer for ages. Isn't this tool simply for comparing sounds?

I notice I am getting old.  :rolleyes:

:wave:
Ferdinand

Maybe you're getting old, but you're right. Lee's GPL Soundplayer is mainly for comparing the sounds. But you can create
your own Soundsets and load them via GPL Soundplayer into GPL. (For example: GPLEA Soundset, Ducwolf Sounds, Speed Eraser Sound) and so swap easily and wiithout renaming any files between them.

GEM+ was (or is?) able to give every car in every carset its own sound, I'm not sure whether this feature is gone to hell with the 67patch, will
have a look this evening and report here ... :idunno:

Cheers

BLY

Edited by BLY, Mar 04 2010 - 07:47 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links