• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:varied
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 12 2018 - 11:10 AM

View PostJonnyA, on Sep 10 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Hello Chilong, welcome to GPL.

Just like you, I find that the AI brake far too late. I'm certainly no alien, but now and then I set a decent lap time, but the AI always used to crash into the back of me, even if we were doing identical overall lap times.

There is a way to adjust just how hard the AI brake, as follows:

In the top level GPL folder is a .ini file that you can open and edit with Notepad. There is a different AI .ini file for each Mod - for the 1967 Mod it is called gpla67.ini.
Scroll down to the bottom and you will see a parameter called braking_efficiency_coeff.
The default setting will be something like 1.0000 or 0.8000. Try reducing it in 0.1 or 0.05 increments until the AI stop hitting you from behind.

BUT: A word of warning. Don't use it so you win every race. It often takes hundreds of hours for even experienced Sim drivers to get to a decent level in GPL. Don't start to adjust braking_efficiency_coeff until you are getting within a few seconds of the benchmark time for each circuit. If you do, you are just letting yourself off the hook and ultimately you won't enjoy GPL as much as you could. I set it to a level where I still have to brake really hard, so I almost crash, to out-brake the AI.

Happy driving!

View Postmcmirande, on Sep 10 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

Hello Chilong, welcome to gpl!!

Where are you from?

Cheers, Marcos
I'm from Suffolk County on Long Island, NY, Marcos.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links