80's Motorsports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:The world
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Dec 04 2017 - 10:20 AM

View PostArt-J, on Dec 03 2017 - 05:07 AM, said:

^ Is there some good WIP thread somewhere on the net about this WSC mod? I don't own RF2 and after recent pro-modern racing developments didn't intend to buy it anyway, but a 1970 mod might make me change my mind.

The 917K in AC is a bliss, but at the same time sad and lonely car without period partners on the track.

Don't buy rF2 yet since the mod still is far from ready, but you can check here: https://forum.studio...pionship.58350/

I wish the mod could have been free and only reliant on the (non-existing :lol:) donations but sadly due to actions and factors outside our control, it is not the case. It will be very reasonable though.

Edited by Gui, Dec 04 2017 - 10:20 AM.

#212 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Supporter
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Muzzleloader Hunting
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 04 2017 - 10:38 AM

The problem is even if the Ferrari and Lotus were perfect. What do you do with them? Hot lap or spec racing. I can't get into either one.

When will game makers realize we need a whole season of cars and tracks? With all the cars and track in PC2 you still can't put a series together that's accurate. It's pathetic.

#213 leon_90

leon_90

Lorenzo Bandini

• Members
  • 1,362 posts
  • Interests:everything that has a Ferrari V12 inside
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Dec 04 2017 - 10:39 AM

View PostGui, on Dec 04 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

Don't buy rF2 yet since the mod still is far from ready, but you can check here: https://forum.studio...pionship.58350/

I wish the mod could have been free and only reliant on the (non-existing :lol:) donations but sadly due to actions and factors outside our control, it is not the case. It will be very reasonable though.

It looks great, but why the 512s sounds like it has a turbo installed? :S

View PostPete Gaimari, on Dec 04 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

The problem is even if the Ferrari and Lotus were perfect. What do you do with them? Hot lap or spec racing. I can't get into either one.

When will game makers realize we need a whole season of cars and tracks? With all the cars and track in PC2 you still can't put a series together that's accurate. It's pathetic.

I agree, but I will say that personally I don't mind hotlapping. This across all sims, not just AC. But I agree wih you ;)

#214 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Supporter
  • 761 posts
  • Interests:GPL has got me by the throat and won't let go.

Posted Dec 04 2017 - 10:52 AM

View Postleon_90, on Dec 04 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

I did. I loved racing it in the rain, but it feels pretty meh :( I prefer AC version

On a side note, I finally managed to try the 312/67. The evident mistakes in modelling made me hate the car and so I never fired it. But since there was a special achievement that asked me to drive it on the Nord I fixed the T-cam and drove it. Spectacular! A blast to drive! Miles, leaps, and rocks ahead than the Lotus 49, which makes me wonder if there is not something wrong with the english beauty. If you go past the wrong 3d model, physics wise the 312/67 in AC is the ultimate ride!

When the 67 Ferrari launched they also changed the Lotus 49 physics a little, it's still very tricky to drive fast but you might find it a bit better than it was.

I also adjust the diff for more on-throttle oversteer and less turn-in understeer, less front rebound damping to get less understeer when accelerating, in fact a little less damping everywhere to give me a bit more time to catch the car generally and allow me to push harder with (some) confidence. The default setup on the Ferarri however feels pretty good to me straight out the box, making it seem the faster car.

Edited by Fat Rich, Dec 04 2017 - 11:04 AM.

#215 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Supporter
  • 3,350 posts

Posted Dec 04 2017 - 10:53 AM

I'm not even good at doing single races Leon. That's all I can do in these modern games and i'm bored with it already. I'm so close to chucking the whole mess off my HD and going back to GPL exclusively. Maybe try the 71 CanAm like you suggested.

I think if it wasn't for GPL i'd be in flight sims full time.

#216 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 1,741 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...

Posted Dec 04 2017 - 11:08 AM

"I think if it wasn't for GPL i'd be in flight sims full time. "

Don't bomb me, bro !

:)

#217 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Supporter
  • 3,350 posts

Posted Dec 04 2017 - 11:29 AM

Not into that. It's more fun to fight you in the air. Face to face. :)

#218 Art-J

Art-J

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, vintage motorsports, history.

Posted Dec 04 2017 - 03:34 PM

View PostGui, on Dec 04 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

Thanks for the link. Will keep an eye on it.

View PostPete Gaimari, on Dec 04 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

I would replace "makers" with "modders", as there's noone in the industry except for Electronic Arts and maybe Sony, who could afford relevant licenses for full lineup. Thus, if we ever see something like that, it will have to come from the community.

Edited by Art-J, Dec 04 2017 - 03:35 PM.

#219 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Supporter
  • 3,350 posts

Posted Dec 04 2017 - 03:59 PM

How did GTR2 do it?

They can always use different names for cars and tracks. As long as it's a series.

AC seems to have Porsche. How about the Mobile One series for Cup cars? That should be easy enough.

#220 Michkov

Michkov

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Dec 04 2017 - 08:36 PM

I think Simbim had the FIA GT licence, which would include the cars and tracks. Similar how Codemasters has the F1 licence

#221 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Supporter
  • 3,350 posts

Posted Dec 05 2017 - 08:52 AM

GTR2 physics feel better than PC2. Didn't Doug Arno do those?

#222 Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari

Jim Clark

• Supporter
  • 3,350 posts

Posted Dec 07 2017 - 10:00 AM

Well, I knew it would happen and I should have saved my money. Everything is deleted off my HD but GPL and that only has the Papy cars and the 11 original tracks. (updated tracks and cars of course)

I'm a stubborn old coot and that's what I like the best. No sense in fighting it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ferrari, 312, 1967, Assetto, Corsa, Sim, F1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links