#1 DHosein

DHosein

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:GPL: TotalRank

Posted Jun 10 2011 - 01:38 AM

Is there likely to be a rank for the 69x mod at all - Perhaps just as a v2 of the existing, but applying to the new mod instead of the original?

#2 FloP

FloP

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 10 2011 - 03:19 AM

IIRC it has already been announced that there will be a 69X Rank as soon as the GPLRank staff receive all necessary info from the modders.

#3 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jun 10 2011 - 04:13 AM

Knowing Darren he has probably already completed all the tracks and is waiting to submit his times  :lol:

#4 Dr Tooth

Dr Tooth

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted Jun 10 2011 - 07:08 AM

View PostDHosein, on Jun 10 2011 - 01:38 AM, said:

Is there likely to be a rank for the 69x mod at all - Perhaps just as a v2 of the existing, but applying to the new mod instead of the original?

As soon as the modders provide GPL Rank Admins with the necessary data, the 69X Rank can go live.  ;)

#5 DHosein

DHosein

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted Jun 10 2011 - 08:51 AM

I'm not that bad Burnsy... I've actually been holding off putting times in with the new cars while waiting for the new rank. Concentrating of improving and filling in gaps elsewhere instead.

What information is needed for the rank to go live? I might already have what you need incorporated into my GPL Rank Tracker, at least in terms of deciphering the player.ini file.

#6 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 531 posts

Posted Jul 13 2011 - 06:04 AM

:bump:

How's it going with this? I'm starting to get in to the 69X mod now on a serious basis and always used the rankings for my motivation.

Might as well take the opportunity to thank all the GPLRank admins for their work in keeping me motivated  :thumbup:

Cheers
David

#7 Dr Tooth

Dr Tooth

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted Jul 13 2011 - 11:19 PM

View PostFrenchy, on Jul 13 2011 - 06:04 AM, said:

How's it going with this? I'm starting to get in to the 69X mod now on a serious basis and always used the rankings for my motivation.

Might as well take the opportunity to thank all the GPLRank admins for their work in keeping me motivated  :thumbup:

Cheers
David

Thanks for your kind words. But unfortunately the above still stands, as soon as the modders provide GPL Rank Admins with the necessary data, the 69X Rank can go live.  :unsure:

Dr Tooth

#8 fajanko

fajanko

Jani Posta

• GPLLinks Team
  • 848 posts
  • Interests:"I am a semi-professional race car driver AND an amateur tattoo artist."

Posted Jul 14 2011 - 01:31 AM

It's quite strange that GPLRank is still lacking this info. When Sportscar mod was released, this process was flawless somehow.

(I also seriously need a GPLRA update too...)

#9 DHosein

DHosein

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted Jul 14 2011 - 03:20 AM

What information does GPLRank need to get this up and running?

If it's about the structure of the player.ini files for the mod, I've already got this - I needed the details to update my GPLRank Tracker. Let me know if this is the case.. I might be able to provide what's needed.

#10 Dark - guest

Dark - guest
  • Guests

Posted Jul 15 2011 - 05:26 AM

I'm watching this with interest. I'm not going to download any mod unless it has a corresponding rank. Thats how important you GPLRank people are, so yes thank you guys!

I'm hoping that ranks will be created for the 69 extra cars and the stratos

#11 DHosein

DHosein

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted Jul 20 2011 - 09:56 AM

Still no news on this one?

Surely all GPLRank needs is to be able to identify which lines in the Player.ini for the new mod are for which car.
GPLRA extract file doesn't need to be initially as GPLRA doesn't support the extended mod yet.

Assuming this is all that is required - I already have the necessary information and offer it freely. My GPLRank Tracker spreadsheet already works with the new mod (Stratos too if GPL would only write to the player.ini in the Stratos mod).

If the reason my offering this information is because GPLRank would rather get this direct from the mods, then check out my post in the original release thread for the mod.. and Paul Skingley's reply. This information is available in public domain.

If there is more information needed, please let us know.. perhaps I can help?

#12 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 531 posts

Posted Jul 31 2011 - 03:18 AM

I'm really enjoying the 69X mod during our season in AusGPL, but I'm really missing being able to compare times on GPLRank. I think GPLRank has really helped me over the years to keep the motivation and enthusiasm for GPL and the great mods on which the team keep working so hard for us.

I feel useless because its really out of my control but if its a communication issue, I'd certainly be glad to facilitate.

Perhaps we could start with the GPLRank mods posting here exactly what info it is they require and I would be glad to try and chase it up for you.

Thanks again to all those who commit their time and skills to my enjoyment, both Rank admins and the mod team.  :bowing:

Cheers
David

#13 Kanzo

Kanzo

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted Jul 31 2011 - 09:55 AM

I have to admit that I´ve only tried the 69X mod for a few laps - just because there is no rank yet. Gimme!  :drive:

#14 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,796 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Jul 31 2011 - 03:16 PM

:goodpost:

As a confirmed GPLRank addict, I too would like to see a 69X rank - please - pretty please - pretty please with bells, knobs, whistles and Christmas tree decorations on it!  :notworthy:   :bowing:  :please:  :)

#15 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jul 31 2011 - 03:59 PM

:rolleyes: What Saiph said  :iconcur:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links