fortine_oo

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted Oct 04 2012 - 05:38 PM

Lemans 2008_ai Addon
Posted Image

After all the years reading the gripes about Lemans2008 lack of ai, and the promises that this person or that was going to gitter-done, I can recall only one person ever producing anything. I applaud him for that. Unfortunately, his lp and ai development skill yielded results that were still wanting.
I prefer the wide open '67 version and I have great disdain for artificial chicanes who's only purpose is to reduce speed, so I never ran the new layout. But, spurred on by his determination, I thought I could at least come up with some more refined lp's in short order, and then someone else could tackle the track.ini. As regularly happens with NR2003 projects, it takes longer to get something done than is first thought, and then the scope of the project expands. Add to that, if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right, and perfectionism creeps in and blows the initial project out of the water.

It's done now, the whole package (at least for gtp, pta, & cup), ready to run.
Link: Lemans2008_ai Version @NRTracks http://nrtracks.com/...php?topic=246.0
This is only an addon, you must have a (stand-alone) Lemans2008 track.
(I used... Link: GTP Tracks - Ready to use - Sim Racing Mirror Zone - Le Mans 2008 http://nrtracks.com/...php?topic=246.0)

Be forewarned.
This is not your mama's Lemans.
No arcade grip or mamby-pamby ai.
Come ready to do some hardcore racing or be prepared to feel like you're driving a tiddler in a field of world class prototypes.

Hope you enjoy it.
fortine_oo

Edited by fortine_oo, Oct 17 2012 - 01:09 AM.

#2 JohnnyAck

JohnnyAck

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Sim interest:I am here to spam and wish to be deleted after registering

Posted Oct 04 2012 - 09:26 PM

You guys still doing n2k3? Its nice to hear people still playing. I got a cd, is there enough people doing it, that I should load it? Thanks for this add on.

#3 Frank_Mueller

Frank_Mueller

---

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Racing Sims

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 10:20 AM

I also drive this superb group C cars offline, because servers are only reachable by IP and there are not much alive anymore.
But the GTP are alive in some PCs

#4 TheMayor

TheMayor

917 and MP4/4 fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted Oct 16 2012 - 08:01 PM

I made lp files for this track using a MadCatz Xbox controller and the GTP mod a while back, I do remember that sometimes the cars wanted to drive straight off the Ford Chicanes and into the tire barrier; never touched the .ini file. Looking forward to trying these.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links