#1 Patrini

Patrini

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Nov 24 2011 - 02:01 AM

Hi,

I have been trying to setup GPL to run on an ATI Eyefinity setup using triple 24inch LCDs.

I am using the new rasterisers and have a screen resolution of 5760 * 1080.

It crashes when the track loads in D3dV2 but OpenGLV2 runs fine which is great so no problem there.

The track graphics look great however I am having problems getting a satsifactory cockpit driving view.

I am finding that the cockpit view is too low and wide i.e. wheels appear too far into side monitors and only top of steering wheel is visible.

I have tried using the adjustments for POV made possible by GPLShift which help to some extent but not enough.

Incidentally I have also found that the only way I can adjust FOV is using GPLshift with its limited FOV settings. GEM will not alter FOV even if I try deleting the GPLCXX.EXE and force a rebuild of the exe and FOVED will also not change it. I am not too concerned about this as I do not think that FOV is the real problem.

I have been searching the forums for a couple of days to try and find a fix/trick but nothing is helping so far, I have seen the various widescreen posts which do not help.

How have others faired when setting up Eyefinity setups? Is there something I have not tried?

Any other suggestions that may help to setup the driving/cockpit view ???

Chrs, Pat

Edit: I have just tried GPLSA which has allowed me to get the driving view adjustment I required for the 67 cars, not usre if it will work for the other car mods

Edited by Patrini, Nov 24 2011 - 06:46 AM.

#2 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,319 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Nov 24 2011 - 08:33 AM

View PostPatrini, on Nov 24 2011 - 02:01 AM, said:

I am finding that the cockpit view is too low and wide i.e. wheels appear too far into side monitors and only top of steering wheel is visible.

I am not too concerned about this as I do not think that FOV is the real problem.

If your wheels are too far apart and you only see the top of the wheel, then yes, FOV is the real problem.

To change the FOV in GEM:

IN EXACTLY THIS ORDER:

1 - In GPLShift make sure you have:

[ ZOOM ]
Zoom_In_Out_Mode = off

2 - Close GEM
3 - Delete the exe for the mod that you're trying to change the FOV for. So for the 67 cars, you delete gplc67.exe or for the 65 cars you delete gplc65.exe, for the GT mod, delete the gplcgt.exe etc
4 - Start GEM, select the mod that you want to change the FOV for and adjust the FOV setting.

Starting GPL or else closing GEM will rebuild the mod's EXE with the new FOV.

After this, if you go to a wider FOV, the driver arms might be very long and the wheel and tach far away. I use GPLShift to change the POV without changing the FOV by the GPLShift settings:

[ DRIVER VIEW ]

Up&Down = 1

Forward&Back = 1

#3 Patrini

Patrini

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Nov 24 2011 - 03:48 PM

Hi Bob,

Thks that fixed it, I had been doing the correct thing with GEM, just did not realise that I also had to disable GPLShifts control of FOV by setting:

[ ZOOM ]
Zoom_In_Out_Mode = off

Much appreciate your help. :thumbup:

Chrs, Pat

#4 sky

sky

ultra highres junkie & 917 addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • Interests:travel, music, racing, vintage cars, model cars

Posted Apr 20 2012 - 07:04 AM

hi patrini,

just out of curiosity, what type of card do you have (model #)

#5 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 531 posts

Posted Apr 23 2012 - 05:04 AM

Unfortunately Sky, Pat is no longer with us  RIP Pat

#6 Mike Tyler

Mike Tyler

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Sim Racing, Golf, Football (American), Basketball, Baseball, Cooking
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Oct 02 2018 - 02:25 AM

So... fast-forward to 2018 and I’m running into the exact same problem.  I just recently reinstalled GPL, after a long absence.  Only now I’m running Windows 10 with a GTX1080 video card, nVidia Surround and triple 32” monitors.  

As described above the FOV at 5760x1080 is terrible!  I can only see the top of the steering wheel, some small portion of the wind screen, the tops of the tires and the very top of the tach and everything inside the cockpit, what little I can see, is really low-res.

However, now that I found this page and the suggestions offered, I’ll try the suggestions and see if they still work seven years later.

Thanks,
Mike

#7 Mike Tyler

Mike Tyler

Jackie Ickx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Sim Racing, Golf, Football (American), Basketball, Baseball, Cooking
  • Sim interest:I have no preference

Posted Oct 03 2018 - 12:49 AM

Mike Tyler, on Oct 02 2018 - 02:25 AM, said:

So... fast-forward to 2018 and I’m running into the exact same problem.  I just recently reinstalled GPL, after a long absence.  Only now I’m running Windows 10 with a GTX1080 video card, nVidia Surround and triple 32” monitors.  

As described above the FOV at 5760x1080 is terrible!  I can only see the top of the steering wheel, some small portion of the wind screen, the tops of the tires and the very top of the tach and everything inside the cockpit, what little I can see, is really low-res.

However, now that I found this page and the suggestions offered, I’ll try the suggestions and see if they still work seven years later.

Thanks,
Mike

It worked! :-) Thanks, Bob!

The only issue I had was the fact that GPLshift automatically mapped my G27 gear shifter to the gear shift action in-game.  So I opened the .ini file change the setting from ‘AUTO’ to ‘NONE’.

Edited by Mike Tyler, Oct 03 2018 - 12:50 AM.

#8 Bob Simpson

Bob Simpson

The answer man

• 2,319 posts

Posted Oct 03 2018 - 07:34 AM

Great to see you back with GPL Mike!

#9 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Denny Hulme

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,481 posts
  • Interests:GPL - start a collection of GPL era die cast racing cars -Skiing

Posted Oct 03 2018 - 01:16 PM

Great to see both of you there, Bob and Mike.

..those GPL VOR great days

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links