Thank you good and kind sir!

#43 isamu

isamu

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted Jan 05 2020 - 10:03 AM

The 1.3 patch did the trick. I'm able to run the mod with the default 67 cars now. It's weird....I thought I may have had that patch installed already a long time ago. It came out in 2009 but I didn't start playing GPL until 2011, and had made sure the game had all the patches up to date and installed. Plus back then I was able to run long tracks like Targa and IOM Abridged version on the 67 cars. Perhaps the patch got corrupted or something. Oh well.

The track is fantastic! Excellent job Jim! There's only a coupole things I'd like to mention....

1)If I'm driving the track and then back out of a session, and then try to re-load the track again, I get an error saying "Couldn't Initialize replay". I installed the replay file that came with the installation of the track, so why would it give me this error? Anyone got a fix for this?

2)Getting big stutters every so often on the track. I'm sure my graphics card(Nvidia 2080TI) is up to the task. Anyone got any tips on how to reduce the stuttering? I'm running D3Dv2 at 1080p res with the 60fps mod. Even eliminated some of the mirror details and disabled debris, smoke, fire, and the other effects. Detail Bias is at 85. Any thoughts?

3)I can't remember whether or not I've installed the Long Distance View or whatever it's called mod, but Jim said it could be a strain on PCs. Is there a way to check to see if it's installed?

#44 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• Supporter
  • 2,480 posts
  • Interests:Old guy stuff...
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 05 2020 - 10:14 AM

isamu, here are some answers:

1.) The "Couldn't Initialize replay" message does not concern a track replay file.  It is the memory GPL allocates to replays.  I use this setting within core.ini
[ Replay ]
ReplayMemoryOverride = 128000 ; Replay memory size

2.) First, use the default 36fps - don't apply the 60fps patch within GEM+  Then, try the rOGLv2.dll rasterizer.  You may need to read some notes on graphic card settings to get the best results.

3.) From Jim's installation notes for the Long Draw Distance version file:

"INSTALLATION

To try the Long Draw Distance Track 3do, copy / paste the "AAIOM Folder" from within the "Long Draw Distance Track 1.1 Version 3DO"  Folder...into your C:/SIERRA/gpl/tracks Folder. Allow that AAIOM folder to overwrite the existing AAIOM Folder in your.... /tracks Folder.

I have included all the post Version 1.1 small updates, also published separately for users of the normal FULL and LITE versions, up to and including changes made week ended 11th July 2019. These additional graphics files are essential to correctly display several objects when seen facing the rear.

There are no changes to the track / driving surface or layout.

To go back to the standard Version 1.1 AAIOM.3do, copy / paste the "AAIOM Folder" from within the "ORIGINAL optimised Draw Distance Track 1.1 Version 3DO" Folder..into your C:/SIERRA/gpl/tracks... Folder. Allow that AAIOM folder to overwrite the existing AAIOM Folder in your.... /tracks Folder.

CARE: Do not try to copy individual files OR copy these folders into the existing AAIOM folder. If you do that the files wont work!"

#45 isamu

isamu

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted Jan 05 2020 - 05:32 PM

Thanks gliebzeit

#46 isamu

isamu

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted Jan 05 2020 - 09:16 PM

Welp, fresh install with default files, and I still get CTDs after too many collisions or I crashing into something. I know I know....":supercalifragilistic expialidocious: gud and don't crash". Yeah well that's gonna take some time LOL. Hopefully Jim is aware that the track causes CTDs even on patch 1.1 and is working on a fix. Shame because the track is so lovely to drive.

Maybe GPL is simply too old of a game for a track of this magnitude :(

Gliebzeit how often does your game CTD when driving IOM?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links