1. Fades and transitions are increased to 2 minutes each except for the Novice length race. This was requested by Jake (GPLaps) to make the transitions smoother from day to night to day.
2. A Light Switch is added to turn the lights on and off with the keyboard "L" key.
For those who aren't familiar with the patches, they change the sky from day to night then back to day in order to simulate a 12 or 24 hour race. They work during qualification and race for all mods, all country .exes, on and offline, with the D3D7v2 and OpenGLv2 rasterisers.
The most obvious use is to simulate 1967 Sports Car races that ran at night such as LeMans and Sebring; however, there is nothing wrong with using them for a 1965 F1 race at Monaco or a 1971 CanAm race at Road America.
There are five separate patch versions so you can choose how long you want to race at night:
1. 4 Hour Day To 4 Hour Night To 4 Hr Day--simulates a race which has 33% during the first day, 33% at night, and 33% the next day.
2. 6 Hour Day To 6 Hour Night--simulates a race which starts during the day and ends at night. The first 50% of the race will be during the day.
3. 8 Hour Day To 4 Hour Night--simulates a race which starts during the day and ends at night. The first 67% of the race will be during the day.
4. 9 Hour Day To 3 Hour Night--simulates the Sebring race which starts during the day and ends at night. The first 75% of the race will be during the day.
5. 10 Hour Day To 2 Hour Night--simulates a race which starts during the day and ends at night. The first 83% of the race will be during the day.
As usual, it's important that you read the Read Me for more information and instructions on how to install the patches.
117 Views · 6 Replies ( Last reply by Lee200 )
There are a few topics here and there that talk about the videos made on GPL, there's also a new tab, for each track, on the GPL track database, which is dedicated to the videos but it seems to me that there is no topics dedicated to the best videos in general. In any case nothing recent or very active.
So, why not create one where those who want to can point out the videos dedicated to GPL and say why they are out of the ordinary.
To begin, I would like to point out the video mentioned above : it is a little "mano à mano" between Greger Huttu and Andreas Wilke in Spa. As the old version dates from 2011, it was time to make another one in 1080 :
The video if you want it as I got it :
The initial replay (.rpy) :
Part 2 -
Before reporting particular videos, I would like to first present the three channels that stand out from the crowd when you search the net for GPL-related videos.
His Youtube channel dates from June 2008 and has more than a hundred videos, most of them dedicated to GPL. The most striking are those of the "Let's race" series started in March 2012 : around thirty races against AI, captured live and commented while driving. Really very inspiring.
His Youtube channel dates back to October 2007 but it is especially since June 2017 that he publishes a lot of video on GPL since his production exceeds 300.
His Youtube channel only dates back to October 2016, but it is already about 150 videos that he offers us.
- On my own, since August 2011, I propose about 150 videos as well, most of them focusing on the comparison of the track's looks between their release and a recent period when they were improved by addons.
I don't have the video making talent of the three above mentioned, but I try to bring my contribution.
127 Views · 3 Replies ( Last reply by PTRACER )
Be sure to turn on the lights!
As requested by tjc, here are some pictures for the main screen of the Mod 69.
I'd like to warmly thank Rémy Roesz who sent me some months ago already a huge packet of pictures, which allowed me to make this update.
It also includes two screens made a few years ago by I don't know who... Many thanks to the author.
I hope you like it.
170 Views · 6 Replies ( Last reply by Matthias )
In some leagues ESC/Enter and rejoining after that is forbidden in qualification - except ESC/Enter was in pitlane.
The tool GPL_ESCinQ detects for that. It produces a text file with drivernames, the ESC/Enter time and the rejoining time in case drivers had made ESC/Enter outside the pitlane.
With an ini file it's possible to deactivate the last minutes, because some league (i.e. OAO) allows rejoining in the last minutes.
Also the ini file could be prepaired that only drivers will be detected which had absolved a specific waiting time (i.e. 5 or 10 minutes). The such rules would be possible because it is now verifiable.
In the unzipped folder are three other tools which could be interesting for league admins:
GPL_ Protest detects for colissions in race.
GPL_ShiftR detects for ShiftRs and make an Appendix if the ShiftR was in pitlane (it could be intersting for leagues which allows ShiftR only in pits, because it finds more ShiftRs than RA - otherwise in some cases wrong messages).
GPL_Stops is made to detect for pitstops (refuel/repair/tire change). Repair/tire change is only
Here is the link to the tools:
The tools can save time and Trouble for race comissionars I think...
126 Views · 3 Replies ( Last reply by Olaf Lehmann )
Gpl Night Patches V3.0
Lee200 - Yesterday, 12:57 PM
Gpl Night Patches V3.0
Lee200 - Yesterday, 12:56 PM
Great Video Contributions
ROOKIE4EVER - Feb 21 2020 - 12:20 PM
Mod'69 Screens Add-Ons
db312 - Feb 21 2020 - 11:58 AM
Tool To Searching For Esc/enter In Quali
Olaf Lehmann - Feb 21 2020 - 10:47 AM
Das System Mercedes
Reco21 - Feb 20 2020 - 04:37 PM
The Future Of F1!
Ralonso - Feb 20 2020 - 03:53 PM
MalBound, Google, Bing, gezimuggel, marco lenarduzzi, MLGathome, Jean-Pierre Sarti, jgf