• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 06 2012 - 06:00 PM

Hello everybody. Here's a new version of my GPL Laptime Listing utility. The following is taken from the README file included in the .zip, and hopefully it should explain everything. Enjoy!

ReadMe file for GPLStats28.exe - by Keith Ballard, aka Saiph

GPLStats28 is a re-written, standalone version of my lap record listing utility previously known as GPLRECLISTnn.PL. I have translated the PERL script into C++, which means that you no longer have to have the PERL interpreter installed to use the utility. Hopefully, this will make it easier for everybody to use, and will allow more people to try it out.

Note for users of the previous PERL versions

If you've been using the PERL versions of this utility, and you already have a working .INI file, just make a copy with the new name "GPLStats.ini". YOU WILL THEN NEED TO MAKE THREE SMALL CHANGES! I have slightly changed three of the mod tags in the .INI file. Change any references to the following by removing the space:

[69 Extra] should change to [69Extra]
[67 F2] should change to [67F2]
[71 CA] should change to [71CA]

Once you've done this, the new version of the program should be able to read the .INI file with no problems.

What does GPLStats do?

This program will allow you to access all the lap records from all your GPL mods, sort them into order, and produce a number of lists which can show you (among other things):
  • What are my oldest lap records? (List sorted by date.)
  • Which cars are fastest at a certain track? (List sorted by track + laptime.)
  • For each car that I've ever driven, which is my fastest and slowest track? (List sorted by car + laptime.)
Ok, so what do you need to do to get this working?

Download the ZIP file, and extract the four files to a new directory (for example, "D:\Laplists\"). This will become your working directory, and it will be the place where your listings will be produced.

Next, you will need to edit the "GPLStats.ini" file so that the listing utility knows where to find your various data files. These are:
  • Your SGEM.INI file - this is needed to define the full name for each track. (Note: SGEM.INI is part of GEM. If you don't have GEM installed with GPL, I recommend that you install it as it's very useful.)

• For each GPL mod you have installed, you need to specify the player.ini file where your lap records are stored. At the very least, you will need a line starting with [67] for the original '67 cars.
When you edit the ini file for the first time, you will see some comments which will hopefully be helpful, and you will also see my personal path settings as an example. Simply change these paths and filenames to reflect your GPL installation. If you don't have a particular mod installed, then either comment out the line by putting a "#" at the start, or just delete the line. (My recommendation would be to comment out the line, in case you install the mod in future.)

You will also see some lines referring to [favourite] tracks. If you want some extra detail for your favourite circuits, include a [favourite] line with the name of the track DIRECTORY. Otherwise you can delete all the [favourite] lines if you wish. (Note: with this version, the alternative spelling "favorite" is also allowed.)

Once you've done this, you should be able to run the program. It should find your laptime files, and it should then produce a whole load of text output files. Even though there are more than a dozen of these lists, it only takes 5-10 seconds to run the script, so you can just ignore the ones you don't want.

Just open up the output files in any text editor, and you should have a nicely sorted, nicely formatted list of the information you need.

Different methods for running the program

GPLStats is a command-line program, with no fancy Windows front-end (yet). There are two ways you can run the program. The first is by simply starting the .EXE file as you would normally, by double-clicking or setting up a shortcut. A black command-line box will appear briefly, you'll see some status messages scroll up, then the box will close and you will (hopefully) be left with your text output files.

If you want some more feedback about how the program is running, (for example if it doesn't seem to be working properly and you want to check for error messages), then run the "GPLSTATS.BAT" file found in the ZIP. This calls the GPLStats program, but then pauses at the end and waits for a keypress so you can read any messages.

If you have any problems, observations, comments or suggestions, please feel free to post in the thread on SRMZ where this utility is posted. I will try my best to check the thread regularly and give any help that I can.

Cheers, Keith

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version history:

GPLReclist12.pl
|
|  through to
V
GPLReclist27.pl   Various improvements to fix bugs and increase efficiency.

GPLStats28.exe   First stand-alone C++ version (compiled with MinGW).

Attached Files

#2 Pedro

Pedro

Pedro

• Supporter
  • 1,447 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends
    Scuba-diving
    Airplanes
    Life

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 11:48 AM

Thanks Keith, it's working!

#3 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 2,001 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 12:33 PM

View PostPedro, on Oct 07 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

Thanks Keith, it's working!
Thanks for letting me know Pedro, that's good to hear. :thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links