- - - - -

Grand Prix Legends 15 Years Old This Month ?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 Alain

Alain

Mike Parkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Sep 29 2013 - 04:32 PM

I first saw GPL in the spring of 1999, did not own a PC at the time... stayed in my mind until January 2001 when I bought my first PC, an HP Pentium 3 933 mhz with in-board graphics and Sony 20in flat screen monitor, a Logitech red wheel and pedals and after reading the fantastic booklet, "Four Wheel Drift" I was ready to tame Nurburgring with the Lotus no-less !!! No trainer for me, I was better than that or so I tought... LOL!!! GPL taught me a lot.. Joined a league In Quebec Province where I live in 2002, had a lot of fun for a couple of years then league dissolved with other sim offerings, GTL. R-Factor etc..  But GPL with all the mods is still on the hard drive of now a dedicated racing PC alongside a dedicated Flight Sim PC; no league unfortunately as my time is limited but not forgotten, finished World Champion in 1965 mod against AI last fall, looking forward to try 1966 this year ! :up:   Thanks GPL !!!!!!!!   PS: Forgot to mention SRMZ and the wonderfull community here, always fun to come back and read the posts, there is always something new to learn....

Edited by Alain, Sep 29 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#47 davef

davef

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Interests:Auto Racing

Posted Sep 29 2013 - 09:51 PM

What's the backround on the Michelin Airship that floats around the Clermont 65 Track. That's pretty cool, I'm surprised we
don't see it or other airships at other GPL tracks.
What about airplanes flying over ?  :hat-tip:

Edited by davef, Sep 29 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#48 Mark Jones

Mark Jones

puts the flug in flugplatz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:GPL! GPL!! GT Mod!!!

Posted Sep 30 2013 - 01:18 AM

Wow, 15 years and still young!  I bought my copy from a store, and it spent about 5 years on a shelf because I didn't have a computer to run it on. Occasionally I'd sneak it onto a work computer so I could do a few laps of the Ring.  Finally getting my own computer and then a steering wheel made a huge difference.  And now we have all these mods, and so many tracks, and leagues, it's terrific!

#49 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• GPLLinks Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Oct 08 2018 - 07:23 AM

Probably sometime right around NOW is approximately the 20TH Birthday of Grand Prix Legends!

BTW.

?

Staying on topic...

Pretty sure found the box set in a discount rack between Christmas and New Year's of 2000, or maybe right after. At the time did not own a computer and had been on the net about twice. Spent gobs on a new tower and a MSFF wheel and pedals and of course GPL did not work. Thinking it was the computer took it to a tech shop. They figured it out and installed the patches.
:P

HAPPY 20TH GPL!!!
:D

Edited by John Woods, Oct 08 2018 - 07:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links