• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Marx

Marx

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends, Power & Glory Mod V3.2 for GTR2, Nascar Racing 2003, Assetto Corsa, Euro Truck Simulator 2
  • Sim interest:other

Posted Jan 14 2019 - 06:44 AM

I am trying to add startup programs to GEM+ like fairshift and GPLSounds but I can't remember exactly how the GEM+ configuration works? Can anybody point me in the right direction where I can find the instructions.

Also, I use the smallest available font size in GEM+ configure but it is still too big to completely show all text of GEM+. Is there a way to further reduce the font size?

Thanks in advance

Marx

#2 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 14 2019 - 08:51 PM

When you open GEM+ you will see a help button.For the most part it will explain most of what you need to know. Fairshift is something I don't use but I do know that it installs an icon to your desktop and when you turn it on it will be working in the background when you start Gem+. Here is a link if you need to find patches or mods  for GPL  http://www.gpllinks.org/

Her is the link to the Fairshift download  https://bitbucket.or...hift/downloads/

I've included a screenshot of my Gem+. Attached File  Capture.PNG Gem+.PNG   542.77K   34 downloads

The rectangular box at the bottom right is where all your installed patches should be and to turn them on, the little square just before the patch name should be ticked with a checkmark. Drag your cursor over to the box and left click on it with your mouse.
I hope this helps

#3 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 08:44 AM

Hi Marx!

I would like to help fix your GEM display problems.

I run GEM on a 1920x1080 screen. If you click on the "Configure" button, there are two options there which affect the way GEM looks:

1) There is a drop-box where I select the option "Very small controls in scaled mode".
2) There is a tick box which says "Auto size controls". I have that box ticked.

With those two options, I click on "Ok" and then I resize the GEM window so it takes up most of my screen. The GEM text is still quite large, but I can see enough to read the various options when I am selecting tracks, season files, car sets etc. I have to scroll some of the GEM windows, such as the car set list, and the patch tickbox list.

The only other way to show more text is to go back to the "Configure" options and untick "Auto size controls". Unfortunately, on my screen, this makes the text very small, so although almost all of the text is shown, I find it's too small to be comfortable for my eyes.

I hope that helps. What screen resolution do you use for running GPL? I have attached a screenshot to show the way GEM looks on my PC.

Attached Files

#4 Marx

Marx

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends, Power & Glory Mod V3.2 for GTR2, Nascar Racing 2003, Assetto Corsa, Euro Truck Simulator 2

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 09:21 PM

Hi Marco and Saiph,

Thank you for your responses. Highly appreciated.

Saiph: I use the same options as you do and then the text is in cases readable but in some text boxes hardly. At the moment I am away from my desktop computer and use a laptop and I unticked "Auto size controls" and it seems to do exactly the opposite to what I expected: it auto-sizes the controls when unticking the box.

Marco: in the ''Configure''' - ''Utilities'' menu I do not understand the use of the "Row" function. And in the ''Configure'' menu, how does the 'Startup' drop-down box work?

Marx

#5 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted Jan 15 2019 - 10:21 PM

View PostMarx, on Jan 15 2019 - 09:21 PM, said:

Hi Marco and Saiph,

Thank you for your responses. Highly appreciated.

Saiph: I use the same options as you do and then the text is in cases readable but in some text boxes hardly. At the moment I am away from my desktop computer and use a laptop and I unticked "Auto size controls" and it seems to do exactly the opposite to what I expected: it auto-sizes the controls when unticking the box.

Marco: in the ''Configure''' - ''Utilities'' menu I do not understand the use of the "Row" function. And in the ''Configure'' menu, how does the 'Startup' drop-down box work?

Marx
Hi Marx, i'm a little rusty on this but the Startup drop down box works the same way as the utilities drop down box. I believe it's there so that whatever you've installed in the utilities will startup when you open Gem+. The utilities box is there so you can add whatever utilities you wish.

The row box is there so you can add rows of utilities if need be. You give the row a designated number such as 1 or 2 or 3 if you actually need them and a little arrow will appear if you have more than 1 row of utilities.Click on the arrow and it will switch rows.

Attached File  Gem+ utilities.PNG   539.87K   26 downloads    Hope this helps

#6 Marx

Marx

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 05:02 PM

Hi Marco,

Thanks for explaining the use of the rows. Can you explain how you managed to get GPLGlance on the GEM+ page and does it start automatically when starting GPL or do you need to start it first before tarting GPL?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Marx

#7 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted Jan 16 2019 - 09:09 PM

View PostMarx, on Jan 16 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

Hi Marco,

Thanks for explaining the use of the rows. Can you explain how you managed to get GPLGlance on the GEM+ page and does it start automatically when starting GPL or do you need to start it first before tarting GPL?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Marx
Hi Marx
   You need to start GPL Glance first. I don't remember why but it must be started independently before you click on the green start button in Gem+.

To add it to utilities  fill in "ButtonText" (GPL Glance),"Description" (GPL Glance) .

For "Path" click the browse button,a popup box will appear ,go to your GPL folder where gpl glance should be installed open the Glance folder and left click the GPL Glance.exe so it appears in the "file name box" in the pop up box and then click on open. It should then show up in Gem+

I hope I didn't make it more confusing than it really is. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links