170 replies to this topic

#161 group7

group7

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted Jan 23 2020 - 11:07 AM

Hello to all, Although i´ve had GPL since it was released I had to leave it for a number of years until now where I again had a computer capable of running the game.
I am not as bright as others, so with the new - 68 Mod I struggle with no -68 carset to load or activate - no 68 season either. If I understand the install instruction correctly my only task is to zip the entire new 68 GPL MOD folder into my C:\Sierra\GPL folder -then the miracle should start all by itself. But not for me - I also need help with 60fpsaiv1 rastorizer selected in Gem+  ??? -which apparently also is required. I can´t find it either.

#162 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:karting vintage racing gpl
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 23 2020 - 03:03 PM

View PostLee200, on Jan 22 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

You should be able to change a '68 mod setup to the '69 mod setup by renaming the three character file extension.  Don't know how it affects the wing setting though.  Chris has the '68 mod setup file names.
well it look that its possible with the gpl setup manager to import  a 68 setup in another mod , even if theres no 68 mod in it

#163 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:Various

Posted Feb 03 2020 - 08:14 AM

Ok... I have a feeling I may have asked this before but can`t find where now.

What version of Monza is this? It looks really nice and has proper, realistic looking crowds in the grandstands instead of the "blanket" of not very realistic looking crowds in other versions of the track.

Attached File  1968 F1-12 (1).jpg   112.63K   71 downloads

Btw... I`m asking in this thread as the screen above is taken from the first post about the mod.

Edited by tjc, Feb 03 2020 - 06:34 PM.

#164 Coccada

Coccada

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends. History of race cars.

Posted Feb 03 2020 - 04:42 PM

Hello. Spa 67 is not working. Works perfectly with all other mods, except 1968. I try to install the lighter versions, but it still doesn't work .Would anyone have any tips to solve? Thanks

#165 KARTM

KARTM

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:karting vintage racing gpl

Posted Feb 03 2020 - 05:00 PM

maybe you use the wrong half season ,there some track who work only on early 68 or late 68

#166 Coccada

Coccada

Guy Ligier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends. History of race cars.

Posted Feb 03 2020 - 06:41 PM

No, I used the first half season. There is a  message "could not iniciate replay sytem", or something like that.

#167 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing

Posted Feb 03 2020 - 10:54 PM

View Posttjc, on Feb 03 2020 - 08:14 AM, said:

What version of Monza is this? It looks really nice and has proper, realistic looking crowds in the grandstands instead of the "blanket" of not very realistic looking crowds in other versions of the track.

Attachment 1968 F1-12 (1).jpg

Btw... I`m asking in this thread as the screen above is taken from the first post about the mod.
I'm not positive but it looks like Monza 69 by Gammaworks

#168 Pavel

Pavel

Bruce McLaren

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Racing, Simracing, Music

Posted Feb 03 2020 - 11:27 PM

View Posttjc, on Feb 03 2020 - 08:14 AM, said:

Attachment 1968 F1-12 (1).jpg

I think it's just Monza with all addons from here http://srmz.net/inde...?showtopic=2803

Edited by Pavel, Feb 04 2020 - 01:56 AM.

#169 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted Feb 04 2020 - 11:53 AM

Thanks for the replies marco and Pavel... :thumbup:

Downloaded the Gammaworx update. I`m pretty sure it`s not the one in the pic above. It doesn`t look like it.

Not grabbed the addons for Monza you have linked to yet Pavel but going by some screens in the thread that`s it. I`ve actually posted in that thread but don`t seem to have the files already downloaded so I`ll grab them now.

:)

#170 marco lenarduzzi

marco lenarduzzi

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:racing sims,cars, F1,cooking,skiing

Posted Feb 04 2020 - 11:04 PM

View Posttjc, on Feb 04 2020 - 11:53 AM, said:

Thanks for the replies marco and Pavel... :thumbup:

Downloaded the Gammaworx update. I`m pretty sure it`s not the one in the pic above. It doesn`t look like it.

Not grabbed the addons for Monza you have linked to yet Pavel but going by some screens in the thread that`s it. I`ve actually posted in that thread but don`t seem to have the files already downloaded so I`ll grab them now.

:)
If I'm not mistaken Monza 69 is a stand alone track and not an update but I believe you are correct that it's not the one.
I was messing around with my Monza install and I suggest you don't install the Steve Life Monza update. It's much older than the Seegert updates. Don't forget about the (Thomas Lachele Monza Hedgerow). If you follow Pavels instructions in post #38    http://srmz.net/inde...l=monza&st=20     you should get the result you are looking for.

#171 tjc

tjc

Jim Clark

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted Feb 05 2020 - 04:37 AM

View Postmarco lenarduzzi, on Feb 04 2020 - 11:04 PM, said:

If I'm not mistaken Monza 69 is a stand alone track and not an update but I believe you are correct that it's not the one.
I was messing around with my Monza install and I suggest you don't install the Steve Life Monza update. It's much older than the Seegert updates. Don't forget about the (Thomas Lachele Monza Hedgerow). If you follow Pavels instructions in post #38 http://srmz.net/inde...l=monza&st=20     you should get the result you are looking for.

Yeh, Monza 69 is a stand alone track. I downloaded it yesterday from the thread but I have to say, I had nothing but problems with it. The "old style" install of creating a new folder named "monz69" and then editing the season.ini just crashed every time. Someone else posted an installer for the track which worked the fist time I tried it (that`s how I know it wasn`t the track I was looking for) but then crashed as well...

Thanks for the info on Steve Life`s update. I have Thomas Laechele`s hedgerow and the other updates from the thread. Yeh, I`ll follow Pavel`s advice for sure.

Thanks marco. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links