Historical 69 Mod Update
Posted May 05 2012 - 12:16 PM
Posted May 05 2012 - 05:18 PM
looking of all the 69 cars.
Edited by davef, May 05 2012 - 05:19 PM.
Posted Jun 27 2012 - 08:45 AM
Put it in your 69xtra folder.
Posted Jul 23 2012 - 06:33 AM
First, a big thank you for your Historical 69 Mod Update(s)!
The 69 mod is really great now but...could I suggest you more "updates" to add on your list (for the future) to have an even better accurate mod?
- It would be nice to have the correction of the front wheels/tires of the Brabham (mainly). The external sides are rather "blocky" (in car view) and give a visual "bug" that attracts the attention...It's on the Brabham that the bug is the most noticeable but more cars have that bug I think.
- The "objects in the mirrors" (of the older cars) should be re-done because when they have been created, they were based on the old and very first tires model of the mod, which was more "squared" (if I'm not wrong). Later, the tires have been corrected to the more "rounded" (and accurate) style but the "objects in the mirrors" are still using the old tyres look. Some of the tires textures have "holes" also and "sparkles" when light passes through them... It's mainly true for the Brabham's cars.
- I also remember to have posted here a fix that should be done concerning the "yellow radiator box" (?) for the Brabham at Monaco (only?) as well...
- I noticed that the Matra's front suspensions are missing the "side textures" (on the older car of the mod). We are only seeing (in cockpit view) a thin texture on the front bars suspension...
The Thundercars have the same problem by the way...
- With the McLaren (McLaren) at Monza and Mosport (tested there), the car has a grey wing but the mirrors display a yellow one. Moreover, the lighting on the wing seems to come from "behind the car" which gives the impression that the wing is in the wrong direction...
- With the Lotus (Lovely) at Mosport (tested there), the car has a blue wing in the mirrors but it should be a white one...
- With the Matra (Stewart) at Mosport (tested there), the "Elf logo" in the mirror, left side, isn't reversed like the right one...
Same with the Matra MS80 at Monza (Beltoise), Watkings Glen and Mexico...
- With the Ferrari (Rodriguez) at Mosport, Monza and Watkins Glen (tested there), the "rear boxes" (for cooling?) close the suspensions aren't displayed in the mirrors...
- With the BRM (Rodriguez) at ROC, the cockpit is the blue version but the mirrors are green(?) (just a detail!)...
- At Zandvoort, the BRM of Oliver and Surtees are using the wrong type of rear wing in the mirrors...
I already posted a part of those bugs, in the past, in another thread but this time, I tried to "clean the reports" to only talk about the bugs that I know are still present... I hope it will help you "a little"... And I want to apologize to bring you even MORE work to do in the future; OR, if I'm posting those "bugs report" to the wrong person! lol
Thanks again for your hard work anyway!
Edited by Int, Jul 23 2012 - 06:40 AM.
Posted Sep 02 2012 - 11:07 AM
Never mind - replaced the c18.3do and now fixed.
Edited by deegee, Sep 29 2012 - 04:59 AM.
Posted Oct 27 2012 - 04:23 AM
Posted Dec 06 2012 - 03:24 AM
Posted Dec 06 2012 - 08:54 AM
or, with the help of the "Phisicians", a proper real 67 Mod.
Really hope to see it someday!
Posted Dec 14 2012 - 12:23 PM
I admit I'm not in "full control" but at least I've managed to use any of my three prefered MOD´s (Org 67, 69X and 67GT) and initiate the sessions from GEM+ (2.5.32). Then I found this great Irridux update of the 69X and was very eager to install it.
I started out with the original 69 MOD but installed the first 69X MOD some months ago. A big difference and I love it. But some confusing facts when I was going to install these updates (the two zipped files), and there after some strange behaviour in GEM and Grand Prix Legends, really bothers me now. Hopefully some of you pros here can help me out. Sorry about a rather long posting but I would like to give the full picture.
At first, when opening the Grand Prix Legends Main Dir before installation, I was surprised that there was no "cars/69xtra" folder before. Just folders (I leave out any 67 MOD references) "cars/cars69" and the three 69Hwng/Lwng/Mwng folders that I guess only relevenat for the orginial 69 MOD I don't use anylonger. After unzipping the two 69X update from here into the Grand Prix Legends diretory the cars/69xtra folder with all contents was created. Looked fine so far. Otherwise no problem (I did follow Irriduxs instructions about the Silver track folder), just some quests about overwriting files that clearly was older than the new ones.
I also installed the Correct Season File, Correct Courage BT26 and Improved BT24 Engine zip files. And if it has any relevans I had installed the Saiph update of GEM (GEM 69-Extra Setup fix) BEFORE I unzipped the Irridux into Grand Prix Legends. Anyhow I din't see any difference att all in GEM and no selection of 69X mod cars except the ususal one (I drive the Matra MS80 and always select the historical car to the track from within Grand Prix Legends).
I was ready for testing and opened Grand Prix Legends with my ordinary 69X driver selceted. I cannot say I discovered some ovious difference of the graphics (they where great before so it's hard to tell with just a short sessions experience) but I THINK(?) I noticed a diffent engine sound and somewhat different performance (faster perhaps?).
I closed down and returned to the GEM window and from there I now was really confused. Hopefully I can describe good enough for you to draw conclusions.
This was the settings of my 69X driver:
This setting displays the three pics (cars to the left, track in centre, my car at the right).
BUT... the droplists connected to session options (below the pic of the carset cars) has the CAR69-option selected.
I checked that one and found out that it also had a possible selection named 69XTRA, which seemed like the more correct choice to me. But when doing so the track pic stays in the middle while both car pics are blanked out. Tried to start Grand Prix Legends with that setting. The result was that I got the Grand Prix Legends-message "Could not load the track" and then "Closing the session".
Well, this is my experience so far. SOmething feels wrong here and perhaps I did some mistake you hopefully can pin point to me. Even if I really have used the 69X MOD a lot before (and since then never the different low/high/mod wings of original 69 MOD) it seems to me that CARS69 states that this old MOD still is involved in my configuration somehow. It also seems that GEM should display cars when I select 69XTRA below the pic. Carsets says 69-EXTRA but it only works if CARS69 is selected and not if 69XTRA is.
A last notification is that the pics displayed are exactly the same if I change the Carset option between GPL69 and 69-EXTRA. I don't know if it should be different pics but as I said, all car pics disappear if I select 69XTRA from below.
Did I mess it up somehow? The fact that I didn't see any approvement from the GEM 69-Extra Setup fix seems connected to the other problem or?
BTW: I do not intend to use the original 69 MOD at all. Can I "un-install" it somehow or delete some folders connected to that MPD without crashing my Grand Prix Legends over all perfomance?
Most thankful to be able to sort this out.
Posted Dec 15 2012 - 12:49 PM
1) no Lwng, Mwng, Hwng subfolders in "Cars69" folder - these, as You noticed, are leftovers from old 69 mod and have to be deleted (remember to deactivate old carsets in GEM - upper left "carset" menu);
2) there should be NO such thing as "69Xtra / whateveryouwanttocallit" folder, the proper one is just simply "Cars69" with 45 subfolders in it (from c00 to c44);
3) in GEM, the activated and chosen carset (upper left menu) is "69-xtra", while carset listed under left picture is just "cars69" - that's OK;
4) Irridux' graphics files should be dropped into corresponding "Cars69" subfolders (c00 - c44 in this case), just like every car updates in Grand Prix Legends universum.
Cheers - Art
Edited by Art-J, Dec 15 2012 - 12:50 PM.
Posted Dec 15 2012 - 02:35 PM
It seems fine to use and the difference in GEM is of course that no 69EXTRA-option is provided (the deleted subfolder). I dont´know how it worked when there was both Cars69 AND 69Xtra car folders. Each car on the Cars69 subfolders 00-44 just containd a jpg, txt and dat-file. The corresponding 69Xtra subfolders had a lots of differenst files mip, 3do and subfolder shdw_wheel. Now everything is in Cars69 folders. A mystery to me as everything worked the same before...
And the GEM 69-Extra Setup fix by Saiph still seem to be doing... ..nothing??? But its ok with the option to change car models for a track within Grand Prix Legends so I stick to that.
A big thanks anyhow.
Posted Dec 15 2012 - 07:01 PM
If somebody's anal about fragmentation and how fast his game reads data from the disk, he obviously might repack loose Irridux files into each big .dat (there are tools for that) to cut down total number of files and their loading time, I don't think it's worth bothering though.
Don't remember now what Saiph's fix was all about, so I cannot comment on this one.
Cheers - Art
P.S. - you might want to browse through subfolders again - some of them contain bonus/optional gfx files provided by 69 team (for example privateer Lotus or Brabham cars instead of works ones), I'm not sure though if these work allright with Irridux' update.
Edited by Art-J, Dec 15 2012 - 07:03 PM.
Posted Dec 16 2012 - 06:29 AM
Anyhow not THAT necessary (just neat) but the added updated cst-file do not change anything in my GEM interface so something wrong but do not bother...
Posted Jan 29 2013 - 01:47 PM
Despite the best efforts of Ozpata (and others), this file continues to seem (for no good reason, IMHO) to be .. hard to obtain?
-- The "GPL Links" (and others) link will take you to Speedgeezers.com -- the original "host" of the "1969 GPL mod," but will NOT provide you with a viable "link" to the "1969Extra" Mod, per se;
-- Well, SMRC to the Rescue!!!
-- Ozpata TRIED to give you an alternative download link (only to be thwarted, apparently, by by Media-whoever's restrictions on file sizes...)
-- Ozpata (not to be denied, in his efforts on YOUR behalf) then re-uploaded everything on "4-Shared", and that is where things remain at present.
Yes, "4-Shared" requires you (the End-User)to "register" with them, before they let you download anything.
Oh, I can tell you stories (probably boring) about MY Personal Experiences with "4-Shared," and why I will NEVER use it (and certainly not "register" on it) ever again.
Hey, Now, another SRMZ Member now comes to the rescue --
Posting a link to another Mirror Zone (that does NOT require Registration, or submitting any Personal Information).
EXCEPT THAT -- As posted previously, that Website does NOT Recognize "Internet Explorer" (the "default" Windows Browser, for most of us) but DOES recognize (and works quite well with) "Google Chrome" or "Mozilla FireFox" (and, possibly other, "alternate" Web-browsers)
You really need to know some of these things, don't ya know, before you get too frustrated, and/or start posting questions on the Forum, for everyone to see ....
Posted Sep 18 2014 - 10:59 AM
Edit : was fast, thanks
Edited by Remy, Sep 18 2014 - 11:28 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users