#1 Legzy

Legzy

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted Oct 28 2009 - 07:57 AM

Hi Guys,
I couldn't quite decide where to post this, but plumbed for here in the end... hope that's OK?

As a driver (& league organiser) who thoroughly enjoys P&G v2.1, I was very excited to read on your webs front page that "v3" is on its way :clap2:.

But I thought I'd ask a question/offer a suggestion.
Possibly the only negative thing I can think of aiming at P&G, is the driving experience you get from the default setups on about 80% of the cars. It puts people off delving further. It put me off for a good while, till some help from other drivers & from on here showed me the main tweaks that turn some of the cars from "understeer city" into "amazing sideways fun".
Could the default setups be tweaked slightly moving forward? Not to a crazy level obviously, but reading an example of Aristotelis on help setting up a Daytona, he found it "had a constant understeer" & even with just a click less front springs & an extra click of rear ARB... he was sat in a better car.

Just little things like, a lot of the cars have "+0.2" front toe. This makes it a lot harder to get a car to start to turn & a default value of "0.0" front toe would make a difference to the games initial impact (first impression). I know I nearly missed out on this game because of it.

Anyway, like I said... That would be my only suggestion for what is without question... my favourite driving sim.

Thanks
Legzy

p.s. I don't suppose you've got a rough ETA on v3, so I know when to start getting excited do you? ;)

#2 Aristotelis

Aristotelis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Sim interest:P&G for GTR2

Posted Oct 28 2009 - 10:56 AM

Hi there Legzy :)

Your points are valid but I can assure you that for as many people like you that ask for more "racy" setups, we also got the same people that are happy to have a car that doesn't oversteer everywhere. So what to do? Whenever we could, we put the original real life homologation setups. Those setup are made in a way to be more streetable and "safe" = understeer.
We also thought that since those cars have little setup options, it would be easy to tweak them even by only experimenting, exactly how one would like.

Anyway, we can't give an ETA for v3 just yet, but I might say that in v3, the cars will be more "controllable"...  :)

#3 Legzy

Legzy

Ludovico Scarfiotti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted Oct 29 2009 - 07:28 AM

Thanks for the fast reply Aristotelis. As the cars can't have two default settings options each, I can only think it worth making 50% a little 'safer' & 50% with a little more 'play'.

I'm obviously past that stage of 1st impressions of how the sim drives.... I'm more at the "can't tear me away" stage :D & am happy tweaking most cars in just a few mins to feel pretty great (to me). I just remember it was tough to start.

Once again, looking forward to v3, thanks & keep up the good work  :thumbup:

#4 Aristotelis

Aristotelis

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted Oct 29 2009 - 08:07 AM

I'm very glad you enjoy the mod. We are doing whatever is possible to improve on it.
After we publish v3.0 we will definitely have more time to enjoy our own mod, and probably be able to provide you with lot's of extra setups for each car.

Feel free to ask whatever you need regarding setups or anything else :)

#5 Mogget

Mogget

John Surtees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted Nov 01 2009 - 05:07 AM

Legzy,

The only default P&G2 cars that I consider to be undriveable are the Mini Coopers. Fortunately, Aristotelis provided me with an alternative setup, and that transformed them from mobile skips into graceful ballerinas  :)

#6 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Nov 01 2009 - 07:00 AM

:rolleyes: So where is this setup for the mini's  :unsure:  I looked around but can't find it here. I used to find a lot of the cars a handfull until I got a G25, what a difference a good wheel makes. I'm still pretty slow compared to most out there, just a bit more in control of things :lol:

#7 Mogget

Mogget

John Surtees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted Nov 01 2009 - 02:37 PM

Burnsy,

Here are those numbers if you want to try out the setup that I use for both Mini Coopers (970S and 1275S).....

Front and rear springs at maximum stiffness.....so that is 50 and 40.
Full power differential: 35%
Full rigid rear anti-roll bar: +1.50
Rear toe-in: -0.20
Front/rear brake bias: 75.0/25.0

The difference in feel between this and the default car is astonishing  :o

Edited by Mogget, Nov 01 2009 - 02:38 PM.

#8 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts

Posted Nov 02 2009 - 12:31 AM

Thank You :rolleyes: . Will try them out when I get a chance. The smart money will still be on me throwing it into the scenery somewhere though :lol:

#9 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts

Posted Nov 03 2009 - 10:24 PM

View PostMogget, on Nov 2 2009, 06:37 AM, said:

The difference in feel between this and the default car is astonishing  :o
You are not wrong...... :wowspring:

1 user(s) are reading this topic