BrunoB

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:GTP, GTP and iRacing
  • Sim interest:other

Posted May 25 2012 - 08:56 AM

Does anybody know if it is possible to transfer the AI managing lp-files between 2 tracks with (basicly) the same layout?
I have the 2 LeMans versions LeMans2006(Lemans2006) and a special online version of LeMans2008-9(vte09-Lemans2008).
Its basicly the same track layout but the 2008-9 version have covered some offtrack sandtraps with asphalt.
Because the LeMans2008-9 version is completely missing the lp-files the AI support is close to non-existent.

So therefore I tried to copy the missing lf-files over from the 2006 version. But the track wouldnt load.
Any help?

#2 fortine_oo

fortine_oo

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 09:04 PM

Lp's are track specific, created on the track on which they are to be used, and they are S/F line and distance dependent. [If you change the S/F line, the track will still load but the race.lp follows it's original dlong/dlat path, making it unusable. If the total distance is changed, the old lp's will not allow the track to load. (I have gotten away with few meters difference, but I wouldn't count on it.]

Resources

#3 BrunoB

BrunoB

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:GTP, GTP and iRacing
  • Sim interest:other

Posted May 30 2012 - 05:32 AM

Thanks Fortine
Just like I hoped you posted an answer. Because I know that in this area you are the guy who know what its about;-)

I have concluded myself that eventhough its basically the same track there must be more difference than pure graphics.
So I have started to get the fu...ng reflap started. But have concluded that this is impossible without using(changing to) a US keyboard:-(

But I think I will take this challenge - and learn to make lp-files. Mainly because this special online version of LeMans is far the best I have tested.
And because we are gonna use it for the 2.4 hours FSB online race (6.23.12) Im very keen to practice with some AI opposition :-)
Appreciated your answer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links