• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jun 21 2016 - 10:35 AM

It as always been quoted, on numerous occasions, throughout the life of gaming that it is imperative to keep your graphics card up to date,for optimal gaming performance !

This as happened to me before and I am certain it as been mentioned, in a previous thread, on this site before. I have a HP laptop with Windows 8.1(64 bit) and running Radeon graphics. My card model stands at  AMD Radeon HD 8330 and a few weeks back I mistakenly updated the graphics.Unfortunately all my games,including GPL would not start up from the desktop exe.

So I find myself with (after reverting back to old graphics adapter)unable to update my graphics.Is this Radeons fault or the operating system or maybe that all my old classic games come into compatibility problems.Having said that though my modern-ish Codemasters F1 10- 14 games,would not start up either.

What's the problem here.Any thoughts anybody !

TP:  :boxing:

#2 John Woods

John Woods

Be Somebody

• GPLLinks Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Interests:Too Much Fun

Posted Jun 21 2016 - 06:09 PM

The second rule, "As long as that works."

As I understand, now reverted, everything is back working?

There is no point in updating to features and enhancements that are not used anyway, especially if doing so brings on issues.
Seems despite expert opinion there is still a history of driver updates causing problems with solutions being going back to one in particular.

JMO
:)

#3 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Interests:GPL has got me by the throat and won't let go.

Posted Jun 22 2016 - 04:23 AM

If all of your games failed with the update I would suspect that the install went wrong....

Having said that, AMD's display drivers have a reputation for being a bit rubbish, for about a year I had to use old drivers to get the OpenGL2 rasteriser working in GPL. Then a couple of updates ago AMD finally fixed it.

I rarely update now unless I have a specific problem that the latest drivers should fix, if your system was running well with the old drivers, keep 'em ;)

#4 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,330 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Jun 22 2016 - 05:12 AM

Thanks guy's for your input on this !

Lesson learned I think :hithead:

TP:

Edited by twinpotter, Jun 22 2016 - 09:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links