• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GrandPrixYannick

GrandPrixYannick

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:Check out my channel for some nice GPL content :)
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Dec 31 2010 - 09:50 AM

ok, I have only 6 tracks in my nite mod :hmm:
maybe I should download some tracks!
si I wanted to install the original GPL Tracks at night. downloading, no problem.
i put the GPL CD-rom in the computer, let's install.
to the GPL file (C:/Sierra/GPL) and let's get it started.

'Can not install becuase of missing components' it said (somethin like that, can't remember exactly :P )
what is missing?!

#2 Pedro

Pedro

Pedro

• Supporter
  • 1,370 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends
    Scuba-diving
    Airplanes
    Money :-)

Posted Jan 01 2011 - 02:59 PM

I dont know it anymore :)

What I have done:
installed gpl again (clean install) in the original path. c:\sierra\gpl
then installed the night mod.
copied what I needed.
suc6

#3 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 531 posts

Posted Jan 01 2011 - 08:26 PM

Its been a while since I installed the nightmod and I'm sure the required info was in the readme but I'm sure you don't need to reinstall GPL. To get a clean install of an original track just copy the track folder over from the CD.

Cheers
David

#4 Alan Davies

Alan Davies

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Cycling: Road and Off Road.
    Driving well and safely.
    Climbing, Mountaineering and Armchair Polar Exploration.
    Photography.
    Growing Vegetables.
    Cacti and Alpines (tough survivors).

Posted Jan 02 2011 - 06:39 AM

I have just reinstalled GPL from scratch including the night Mod and all night tracks without a problem.
I have to ask; why are you putting the disk in the computer when it is no longer required?
You certainly do not need it to install night tracks; what you need to do is point the installer to where you have GPL installed if it is not in the default C: Sierra/GPL location.
I'm sure one of the more technically minded will be able to explain better; perhaps Tommi himself will be along to advise.  :thumbup: big fan Tommi

#5 Burnsy865

Burnsy865

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 1,835 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 02 2011 - 04:00 PM

I think Pedro might be right about needing "clean" track directories. I may be wrong but it probably would work if you do a new install of GPL in another location from your disc and then install the night tracks, you can then copy the night track directories over to your original install and use season manager in Gem to create a night season. You could then delete the clean install. I think that when you use updates such as Monaco Rocks etc. it mucks up the night track installation a bit. I'm not sure if this is correct or not and it may be the long way around but it should get the job done.  :idunno:

#6 Alan Davies

Alan Davies

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Cycling: Road and Off Road.
    Driving well and safely.
    Climbing, Mountaineering and Armchair Polar Exploration.
    Photography.
    Growing Vegetables.
    Cacti and Alpines (tough survivors).

Posted Jan 03 2011 - 03:12 AM

View PostBurnsy865, on Jan 02 2011 - 04:00 PM, said:

I think Pedro might be right about needing "clean" track directories. I may be wrong but it probably would work if you do a new install of GPL in another location from your disc and then install the night tracks, you can then copy the night track directories over to your original install and use season manager in Gem to create a night season. You could then delete the clean install. I think that when you use updates such as Monaco Rocks etc. it mucks up the night track installation a bit. I'm not sure if this is correct or not and it may be the long way around but it should get the job done.  :idunno:

i used the GPLPS installer as the basis for a reinstallation of GPL the tracks have many texture updates included.  I think the night mod installer copies the track dat file from one track folder to the night track folder.  I also am not entirely sure  :idunno: but it was the first Mod I installed on top of the GPLPS so theoretically "clean".

#7 Frenchy

Frenchy

Denny Hulme

• Supporter
  • 531 posts

Posted Jan 03 2011 - 08:38 AM

Ok, I got tired of all the guessing and tested it out.

You do not need a 'clean' install nor do you need the CD as long as the original tracks are already installed.

Fast Tommi couldn't include the original tracks in his NightMod installer because of copyright so you have to download the installers for each of the original tracks and run them to install the night version. Its very simple. I just renamed my Kyalnite track directory and reinstalled the track and it all ran fine and my Kyalami folder has all sorts of add-ons in there.

Good luck with it
David

#8 dangermouse

dangermouse

The mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts
  • Interests:Errrrrr, GPL? :-)
    Music , computing, hi-fi, motor racing
  • Sim interest:GPL and P&G

Posted Jan 04 2011 - 03:49 AM

View PostFrenchy, on Jan 03 2011 - 08:38 AM, said:

You do not need a 'clean' install nor do you need the CD as long as the original tracks are already installed.

Fast Tommi couldn't include the original tracks in his NightMod installer because of copyright so you have to download the installers for each of the original tracks and run them to install the night version. Its very simple.

yup  :thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links