Jack Brabham

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Jan 05 2017 - 01:12 PM

Hi Guys!!
:up:

Our F1 2016 career challenge is going to take its next step with the Qualifying session for event n. 10: The Silverstone Grand Prix!

Go over here to see how far we could get in England ;-): https://www.youtube....h?v=P_3rPLuSuSQ.

Enjoy! :yipee2:

And stay tuned! :-D

Ralonso

#2 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Jan 05 2017 - 04:50 PM

Hi Ralonso.
Thanks for this. Have to confess,I haven't watched all your races.
Would love to run this game on my present system,but I have no hope. Infact nearest I can get,until I upgrade,is the F1 2014 version.

Heard a lot of good things about this latest version,after last years debacle. Looks like Codies have got this one right.Let's hope they can build on this.
Love the animation of the pit crew jacking and wheeling you in the garage,putting the cool fan on you and handing you the tablet/Ipad.

You seemed to be struggling on the apex's and sliding wide on occassions,but give it all you could.
Just the dumb ass AI that wouldn't move out of your way. Think Codies need to improve this. I remember on my 2014 game where one of the AI would ram into my rear,on a tight airpin. I would get a penalty and sometimes a puncture,while the AI would get no adversity.
Don't like the lack of damage either. You seemed to continue ok,even after a scrape at the end of the Wellington straight. In gpl you would be crabbing the rest of the lap. Unless you have damage off. Do you get any driving affect,in this version,after a scrape?

Never been a fan of getting set ups online myself. Always found it a challenge and more satisfying,to find my own,even if I come last all the time. Guess it's a case of sado masachism from me.

Just a few questions:

1- Does the game have the full practice schedule,ie P1-3(last couple of versions only P1)

2- What level are you playing on and are you using auto or manual gears. Also any aids.

3- What are your computer specs for this game(for my future upgrade)and do you experience any lag.

I also prefer(2014 game)the closer cockpit camera view. More realistic and harder as you drive lower into the apex's.

Oh forgot,always wondered how you get the little me screen in the bottom corner of the you tube screen.

No carry on mate. Enjoyable and interesting. Just wish I could join you for an online race.
Guess though I'll be busy soon with the gpl 55 mod,but this game is top of my to get in the future bucket list.
Oh is there anything you would want and add into the present game or for next years version.

Thanks again and for reading.

TP:

Edited by twinpotter, Jan 05 2017 - 04:56 PM.

#3 Ralonso

Ralonso

Jack Brabham

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted Jan 06 2017 - 11:59 AM

View Posttwinpotter, on Jan 05 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Hi Ralonso.
Thanks for this. Have to confess,I haven't watched all your races.
Would love to run this game on my present system,but I have no hope. Infact nearest I can get,until I upgrade,is the F1 2014 version.

Heard a lot of good things about this latest version,after last years debacle. Looks like Codies have got this one right.Let's hope they can build on this.
Love the animation of the pit crew jacking and wheeling you in the garage,putting the cool fan on you and handing you the tablet/Ipad.

You seemed to be struggling on the apex's and sliding wide on occassions,but give it all you could.
Just the dumb ass AI that wouldn't move out of your way. Think Codies need to improve this. I remember on my 2014 game where one of the AI would ram into my rear,on a tight airpin. I would get a penalty and sometimes a puncture,while the AI would get no adversity.
Don't like the lack of damage either. You seemed to continue ok,even after a scrape at the end of the Wellington straight. In gpl you would be crabbing the rest of the lap. Unless you have damage off. Do you get any driving affect,in this version,after a scrape?

Never been a fan of getting set ups online myself. Always found it a challenge and more satisfying,to find my own,even if I come last all the time. Guess it's a case of sado masachism from me.

Just a few questions:

1- Does the game have the full practice schedule,ie P1-3(last couple of versions only P1)

2- What level are you playing on and are you using auto or manual gears. Also any aids.

3- What are your computer specs for this game(for my future upgrade)and do you experience any lag.

I also prefer(2014 game)the closer cockpit camera view. More realistic and harder as you drive lower into the apex's.

Oh forgot,always wondered how you get the little me screen in the bottom corner of the you tube screen.

No carry on mate. Enjoyable and interesting. Just wish I could join you for an online race.
Guess though I'll be busy soon with the gpl 55 mod,but this game is top of my to get in the future bucket list.
Oh is there anything you would want and add into the present game or for next years version.

Thanks again and for reading.

TP:

Hi Richard!

Thank you for showing this huge interest to my videos concerning my F1 2016 season!
Yes, this time Codemasters did really the best job, since they have the F1 license. Remembering back also F1 2012 was very enjoyable. BUT this last effort is by far their best one! It's not "perfect" but it is really very very good! It has a good driving model and rather good physics. I agree you can't compare it to this of GP Legends or to the Crammonds titels, but it does very good its job! Simply spoken it delivers a good general feeling and a really nice driving experience! I really think that they can built on it for the 2017 version!

Yes, I must admit that I struggled quiet a bit with this new Silverstone layout ;-). It has never been suitable for me, I don't know why, exactly, it is its "spirit", someway that it doesn't fit my "driving personality". But either way, I tried my best and this setup I got from a awesome driver in the net really helped me out!

Finally was able to be quite competitive, even through the following whole race (the related video will be released late this evening! (unfortunately with no speech sound as ma mic switch was turned to "off" :-(,but at least you will be able to see my driving efforts! haha).

Ok, now let me try to answer your questions:

1. Yes! The game lets you choose the whole practice sessions. And even more: they are nearly a have to do importance, because they are essential to improve your car throughout the season!

2. I'm playing the "difficult" level which is level n. 3 (n.1 is the simplest) out of 7. I'm driving completely without any driving helps, because I want to experience the whole physics the title has to offer.

3. I posses a laptop which I built on from the scratch choosing all the compounds I thought would be the best to deal with the actual games and driving sims without having to go down to compromises, CPU: intel i7 3940 extreme edition. GPU: nvidia Geforce 980m with 8GB RAM, 16 GB System RAM, 1x SSD 256 GB Samsung 830, 1x SSD 512 GB Samsung 850 PRO. This is all built upon a Clevo laptop.

The little screen I got has been made with the software called "Geforce experience", within you can activate your web cam as you are making your game recording.

Yes, it would be nice if in the next version they would implement the option to do a inlap after having finished the race. So that you can be received by your mechanics and stuff. Also I whished a better damage model and the possibility to get a real tire blow out. And there are still more things but for now I leave it like this ;-).

I hope I could answer the most of your questions. I appreciate your interest on my efforts, thank you for your interest!

Have a nice time!!

Ralonso

#4 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Supporter
  • 710 posts
  • Interests:GPL has got me by the throat and won't let go.

Posted Jan 06 2017 - 12:55 PM

I'm no expert on this game but I'm finding the sheer speed and stopping power of these cars unbelievable.... if I misjudge my braking by a tiny amount I'll either miss the apex completely or arrive at the corner so slowly it's laughable.

In terms of driving view, I run in cockpit mode and it allows adjustment of FOV to get a pretty realistic view, even on triple screens which it sort of supports.

My old PC ran it with pretty basic settings but on triple screens (5760 x 1024)..... Intel 3770K, Radeon 7870, 16GB RAM. On single screen I could turn the details up.

New PC seems to run everything really well: Intel 6800K, GTX 1080, 16 GB RAM.

@Ralonso: Have you any tips to go faster in this game? I'm struggling to get into the top 15% on time trial mode...... I know I'm slow, but I'm not usually that slow :D

Edited by Fat Rich, Jan 06 2017 - 12:56 PM.

#5 twinpotter

twinpotter

Richard "Dick"Seaman

• Supporter
  • 1,248 posts
  • Interests:Motor Racing
    Motorbikes
    computer gaming-

Posted Jan 06 2017 - 12:58 PM

Thanks Ralonso for answering my queries.Especially on the computer specs,ingame practice sessions and the little screen in Geforce experience.

I would like a purpose built desktop,but due to certain reasons,I have to go down the laptop path.Having said that,even though I don't think laptops will ever be as powerful as a desktop? laptops are getting better day by day. I also didn't realize you could build your own laptop.
Been looking at some laptops online and my local PC store.Still split on Geforce/Radeon but Geforce is becoming more interesting(have experienced both cards in the past) I would like to go for the new Geforce 10 series,but having said that there is some good deals about with the 9 series? Probably by the time I get to an upgrade the 2017 version will be out?

Really enjoyed all the Codies F1 games and still have them all installed 2010-2014 (got 15 on steam but very frappy as well as buggy)on my machine,so it is uninstalled. Still though love all the old F1 games,the GP series by Grammond and my fave F1 challenge 99-02,which is an absolute classic.

Anyway thanks again and keep up the racing.Will try to view your races in the near future

TP: :hat-tip:

PS: Thanks FR for your info and input.As I wrote my reply to Ralonso your new post came through at the same time.

Edited by twinpotter, Jan 06 2017 - 01:11 PM.

#6 Ralonso

Ralonso

Jack Brabham

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted Jan 06 2017 - 01:39 PM

@Ralonso: Have you any tips to go faster in this game? I'm struggling to get into the top 15% on time trial mode...... I know I'm slow, but I'm not usually that slow :D

Hi :-)!

I'm not sure if I am the optimal person to ask this, as I still struggle a lot myself to build up a good pace in most of the cases.. but on the other hand I'm honored being asked this kind of question.:-).

Well I think that first of all it is very important to get a good setup that possibly suits your driving characteristics. Then, I found out that on this game you loose more time on the throttle throughout (narrow) corners than on the brakes. So that having a good traction avoiding wheel spin is essential for a good laptime. I by the way make no use of it, because i find it more rewarding to get the most out of a car by my own inputs. What in my opinion is also very important, is to nail the apexes in the exakt manner. Certainly, this game is quite unforgiving to even small "mistakes" that added on a lap are being showed very harsh on the lap time. So what here is needed is a general very exact driving style, a lot of experience and patience. If you take care of all of this, I think a good lap time is wright behind the corner.. ;-)

#7 Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Lazy Blipper

• Supporter
  • 710 posts
  • Interests:GPL has got me by the throat and won't let go.

Posted Jan 06 2017 - 02:49 PM

Thanks for the reply!

I think you're right about experience, I tweak the setup and go faster..... and then load up the default setup and go............................. faster again :D

I guess the really fast guys have been playing the F1 series for a long time, plus some of them seem to be using driving aids and playstation style controllers that allow super fast reactions.

I'll keep plugging away at it and see if the times improve.

Thanks for taking the time to make the videos, it's much appreciated! :)

Edited by Fat Rich, Jan 06 2017 - 02:50 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: F1 2106, Career Series, Gameplay Action Cam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links