1967 F1 Historical Mod V2

485 replies to this topic

#481 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.
  • Sim interest:GPL

Posted Oct 04 2018 - 08:25 PM

View PostWarrenbnz, on Oct 04 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

View Postginetto, on Jan 15 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

Check at the Track database their folder names;
you need:
oulton for Spring Cup
oulton67 for Gold Cup
Have tried searching GPLTD and this forum, and cant find any download link to Oulton67
there are a number of Oultons on GPLTD, but none with the trackname oulton67
Please help also cant find kyalami68 or Jarama67 which are track folders in the Historical car set folders
Thanks in advance

Hi Warren. The 'extra' tracks for the 1967 Historical mod v2 are contained in the 'carset' files which are part of the mod install, and which are downloaded from post #1 in this thread. The track 'Oulton67' is contained in the 'Carset 6.7z' file, 'Kyalami68' and 'Jarama67' are contained in the 'Carset 7.7z' file. You don't need any other downloads, all the track data is contained in the .7z files. When you unzip the mod files to your GPL installation, the track data is placed in your 'Tracks' directory, and the mod also installs the required season files so you can drive the tracks as part of the historical season.

I hope that helps.

#482 Warrenbnz

Warrenbnz

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:gpl

Posted Oct 04 2018 - 11:13 PM

View Postgliebzeit, on Oct 04 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

There is no such track as oulton67.
yet the Historic mod puts files into a track folder called oulton67 etc.... why? if the track doesnt exist, those files would be a complete waste of space.

#483 Warrenbnz

Warrenbnz

Jochen Rindt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:gpl

Posted Oct 04 2018 - 11:16 PM

View PostSaiph, on Oct 04 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

View PostWarrenbnz, on Oct 04 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

View Postginetto, on Jan 15 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

Check at the Track database their folder names;
you need:
oulton for Spring Cup
oulton67 for Gold Cup
Have tried searching GPLTD and this forum, and cant find any download link to Oulton67
there are a number of Oultons on GPLTD, but none with the trackname oulton67
Please help also cant find kyalami68 or Jarama67 which are track folders in the Historical car set folders
Thanks in advance

Hi Warren. The 'extra' tracks for the 1967 Historical mod v2 are contained in the 'carset' files which are part of the mod install, and which are downloaded from post #1 in this thread. The track 'Oulton67' is contained in the 'Carset 6.7z' file, 'Kyalami68' and 'Jarama67' are contained in the 'Carset 7.7z' file. You don't need any other downloads, all the track data is contained in the .7z files. When you unzip the mod files to your GPL installation, the track data is placed in your 'Tracks' directory, and the mod also installs the required season files so you can drive the tracks as part of the historical season.

I hope that helps.

Thanks Saiph, explains it, not that I can get my head around it, but at least I dont have to go searching... actually the whole mod has me confused :/

#484 Ramoats

Ramoats

Denny Hulme

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Grand Prix Legends

Posted Apr 09 2019 - 07:33 PM

View PostSaiph, on Feb 15 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

The drop-down boxes don't seem to make any difference for me. It doesn't matter which car I choose on the Player Info page, when I go to the track I always seem to end up in just one of the cars.

For example, if I choose car set 1 and choose to race the Ferrari 312 in GEM, and go to the Brands Hatch track for the Race of Champions, I'm driving the 312-66. If I then leave the track, go back to the Player Info page, select the "312-A ROC" car and go to the track again, I'm still in the 312-66 car. It's obvious that I'm not in the correct car because the exhaust pipes on the 312-66 and 312-A are completely different.

This happens when I choose testing, single race or world championship.

Does anyone know why it doesn't work properly?

EDIT: After a little more experimentation, I think I might be on the way to solving this puzzle. It looks like it's something to do with the 60fps patches. When I first installed the Historic mod v2, I selected the "60fpsv2newmod" patch because it is the latest one, and because I wasn't really interested in racing against the AI cars. Everything seemed to work fine, so I've been using that patch ever since. However, I just tried an experiment where I changed to the "60fpsaiv1" patch, and now I seem to be able to switch between the different car models. I've successfully switched between the 312-66 and 312-A as mentioned above. And I've also managed to see the Brabham BT19 for the first time, as previously I always seemed to be put into the BT20. I'll carry on testing and make sure I can now see all the cars.

EDIT 2: Yes, that's definitely fixed it. I now have even more cars to enjoy driving! :clap:

Glad I ran accross this post .... switched to 60fpsaiv1 and sure enough... I can drive the other cars as you said .... Thanks !!!

Edited by Ramoats, Apr 09 2019 - 07:43 PM.

#485 Saiph

Saiph

Drives 4 Team BDS

• Supporter
  • 2,002 posts
  • Interests:Computer gaming (esp. sims, strategy, RPG), real ale, live music, motor sports, boring the NSA/GCHQ to death.

Posted Apr 10 2019 - 05:19 AM

View PostRamoats, on Apr 09 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Glad I ran accross this post .... switched to 60fpsaiv1 and sure enough... I can drive the other cars as you said .... Thanks !!!

I'm glad it helped! :up: Have fun!

Edited by Saiph, Apr 10 2019 - 05:19 AM.

#486 hibbsy

hibbsy

Guy Ligier

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:GPL

Posted Aug 06 2019 - 09:20 PM

Wow, just wow, so glad that I stumbled upon this (better late than never!). I recently got GPL up and running on a new PC after many years' absence from sim racing. This mod is fantastic! Thank you Gianfranco, Richard, Lee, Ginetto, everyone at the GPLR and the creators of the original historical carsets, amazing work!!!!

It looks drop dead gorgeous in 2048x1536 on my 27" G-Sync monitor. It's like this game was created 20 years ahead of its time. Runs beautifully, especially with this mod :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sim Racing Links