Categories See All →
Riverside International Rac...
manatarms - Dec 10 2017 - 02:02 PM
No Letterbox Patch
ginetto - Apr 19 2016 - 05:32 PM
Super Charged Gp 1924-1939
BenPowell - Dec 28 2015 - 01:48 AM
Spa 1967 Promotion Movie [H...
dalejsmith - Feb 28 2014 - 08:11 PM
Spa 1967 Promotion Movie [H...
5gear - Feb 27 2014 - 07:40 AM
Agedhaddock - Oct 05 2012 - 08:01 PM
This file is an option to solve that. After you have applied this fix the mod will only use the 1st or 2nd slot which is the brabham and brm. All the original skins of the Stratos are copied to the 1st slot so the original cars are still there.Warning: do not use another driver then the 1st or 2nd slot. If you (and others online) use the other slots the effect will diminish depending on how many extra slots you use. Only the 1st 2 slots are optimalised.
What's been done so far:Stratos (brabham):
1. The brabham slot has been optimized so the car has ai mapping.
2. The drivRx.ini is extended to 19 drivers.
3. Martin Hunt [maddog] helped out creating some ai skins. Mostly meant as placeholders. Eventually those might get some improved skins but don't depend on me for that so feel free to contribute
4. The brabham slot has been stripped of redundant files as much as possible. All the sub 3do's have been stripped from redundant poly's. Polygons have been merged as well.
5. Online drivers and skins have been added. Again just some basic skins with numbers so you can distinguish who's who online.
6. The suspension has been removed. It was hardly visible and had clipping issues. This also helped stripping down the model further.
7. face now has ai mapping (lface.mip is the base file used by all drivers but can be changed)
8. Nose without headlights as an option folder added
9. Silver/Gold wheels as an option folder added
10. Added near distant lods for left and right door sections. Rest of the model is still in progress.
11. Created a new lod (level of detail) 3do which increases fps on further distant
12. Changed the distant switch in the main car 3do to kick in earlier. This should help fps raise quickly when the grid is spreadingWith this setup i was able to have 19 cars on machwerk without a crash. Depending on your system you at least will be able to have some more cars on the grid
1. This is a whole new car and is based on the same structure as the canam 71 cars.
2. It has several ai drivers and a high-res dash
3. Online drivers are present as well
4. It is still not in final state but since i don't know if i will ever be able to finish it i decided to release it as is.
0. Install the Stratos mod if you haven't already and make sure it runs with 5 ai drivers.
1. Make a backup of the drivRX.ini and copy the one from the zip in your GPL folder.
- The one in the zip files only has Stratos drivers using the 1st slot and Alpine drivers in the 2nd slot.
2. Make a backup of your brabham and brm folder in the CarsRX folder and copy the ones from the zip in.
3. Copy the rest of the files over to the same locations as they where in the zip.
Te zip has a backup of the 90 xml which has several changes for the gauges.
4. Delete the GplcRx.exe and let GEM create a new one.
5. Do not use any other than the 1st 2 slots (brabham and brm) as the player car. If you use another slot a 2nd Stratos car will be loaded and will hurt fps. (The reason you now can have more cars is because i only used 1 slot for the stratos and 1 for the Alpine
Should you still have a ctd then the only alternative is reducing the number of ai drivers.
Most likely you should be able to race the mod but it depends on your pc specifications how large the number of ai drivers can be set.
1. Martin Hunt [maddog] for the additional skins and gathering people to test the files online.
2. Paul Skingly for giving permission to improve the Stratos mod.
3. Bob [Royale] for creating the Renault Alpine A110 (not ready yet)
4. Ginetto for providing better fitting tires.
5. Greg Liebzeit for providing feedback on gauges and other stuff.
6. Stefan Roess and Stefano for providing images and other background info.
7. Online & Offline testers: Axel Koch, Colin Craig, Ginetto, Grizzlourse, Stefan Roess, Nicolas Vanriesenbeck, Bob Whitwell